SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
homersgarden

Should we wait? Advice on painting/draining

homersgarden
15 years ago

We just finished putting new solar panels on our 26,000 gallon pool. Our pool turned green over the winter (first time since we have owned the house) and so far no chemicals seem to be touching it. We have our pool expert coming out to look at things today. He said our water may have immunities (this happens after so many years of chemicals?)and it may be time to drain and start over.

We plan on resurfacing/tiling the pool in about three years, but can not afford to do it right now (frankly, I have some other priorties before that happens). However, since it will be drained I am assuming we will do any patching that needs to be done, scrub it out really well (can you use a power washer on a pool?) etc. My thoughts are this would be a good weekend project. Now, I got to thinking maybe while we are at it we could paint the inside of the pool. How long would that take? What would an approximate cost be and would it be worth doing knowing in three years we will resurface? Time line, etc.

I thank you in advance...I like to ask here because I get lots of perspective and sometimes pool people in our area are hard up for work so they get pushy.

Comments (5)

Sponsored
J.Holderby - Renovations
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars4 Reviews
Franklin County's Leading General Contractors - 2X Best of Houzz!