SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
beaglesdoitbetter1

OT-ish: 'Dog' /mud layout revised. Opinions?

beaglesdoitbetter1
13 years ago

Anyone else ever feel like doing a layout is like playing Tetris, trying to make all these pieces fit?

Anyway, after posting my "dog room" layout the other day, it quickly became clear it was a disaster. I took the galley kitchen suggestion some wonderful people here and we tried it and it didn't work b/c we ended up w/ only 1 foot of space to actually stand by the tub. However, my cabinet maker did help me come up w/ alternate plan. Which is presented below for merciless criticism :)

For those who didn't catch the first thread: this is the mud/dog room. It is off the entry to the house and where the dogs will be bathed. It is also where they eat and they are on a raw diet so the fridge/ freezer is where their food will be kept.

The layout:

(This has actually been slightly updated already and the printer cabinet is moved to be across from the front door and the cubbies moved to where the printer cabinet is. Plus, there is now a corner cubby)

The sink here is either going away, or is going to be 1/2 the size. Haven't decided which yet. I kind of want the sink so I can put in a touchless faucet separate from the grooming tub for hand washing, but that remains to be determined.

Where these two base cabinets are, there are (where the person is sitting in the pic and next to the desk) there are actually built-in dog crates underneath. My cabinet maker just didn't have a picture of that in his system to put in.

Here are my remaining concern:

No place to put shoes

The benches are a little high. But, there's probably nothing that can be done b/c they have to be on top of the crates...

Thoughts?

Comments (17)