SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
dagirlmd

We've come so far...but still so far to go!!!

dagirlmd
15 years ago

Been reading these posts since the 1st of the year, when we decided it was time to "take the plunge"....

Thanks to all for so much great information, especially to the actual PB's who post here, with both honesty and humor!

Who knew my sense of humor would be the most important element of this whole experience?

We're in Maryland, in the DC suburbs.

Here are our specs:

Freeform gunite

46' x 26'

850 sq. ft.

3.5' depth to 9' depth

6' diving board

6' swim-out in deep end

2 6' loveseats (mid depth and shallow end)

Pentair Whisperflo Pump

Pentair Triton II Sand Filter

Polaris 480 w/ clock and Halcyon pump

Autopilot SW Chlor generator

AeroTemp AT 120 Electric Heat Pump 109K BTU's

2 in-pool lights

3 skimmers

2 main drains

3 directional flow returns

PebbleTec Tahoe Blue

stub out for future water feature (waterfall - but not right now)

Since we've been building since February, I won't post single pics, there's a slideshow that I've been updating since then at the Kodak Gallery website and the link is attached (I hope!)

Hopefully the link will work!

I am just disconsolate at the lack of work that's been done since April. The rain has been unending, but we've had sunny skies for almost a week and still no one has come to start the decking, which is what is holding everything up...I know it'll get done eventually, but we had such grand plans for our daughter's graduation on June 7th, and it doesn't look like the pool will be done by then... :( It's been wonderful to see all your great ideas, your creativity and hear all your stories. Keep em coming...

~dagirlmd

Here is a link that might be useful: dagirlmd pool build

Comments (11)