SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
poohpup

One week in - so far so good. (Pic heavy)

poohpup
12 years ago

So thrilled to be under way. Have some pics of my old kitchen. My old kitchen looks a whole heck of a lot better than it functioned. My contractor thinks the previous owners who built the house, ran out of money when they got to the kitchen. The cabs were totally custom and built on site but were made about as cheap as you can get. We donated our old kitchen to a family in desperate need and some of the cabinets collapsed as they were taken out. At least they were able to salvage enough for them to put together a kitchen.

No surprises during demo other than some funky electrical DIY by the previous owner. Electrician is coming out this week and, maybe (fingers crossed) I'll start seeing cabs in two weeks. Floors are being redone next week and have to move out for four days. Taking the kids to a waterpark so they are happy campers. :)

My old kitchen. Doors were falling off. Shelves sagging. Won't miss that stained white Corian counter. Especially won't miss that beast of a triple bowl Kohler sink.

Took out that weird cabinet that is on the other side of the room.

My miserable triple bowl sink. I really wanted to take a sledge hammer to it but the family taking my kitchen needed it.

And demo! That weird wall that sticks out into the kitchen is gone now but haven't got a pic yet.

And the weird cabinet is gone.

My laundry room is serving as one sweet temp kitchen. Can't complain. The single bowl utility sink is a dream to wash dishes in compared to my old triple bowl. Ended up renting a fridge after taking one whole day to realize a 2.7 cf dorm fridge wasn't going to cut it.

I'm a happy girl. :)

Comments (12)