SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
sunnycottage_gw

What's your latest obsession?

SunnyCottage
12 years ago

You may have thought that mine was dishes or curtains, but it's actually something I am drawn to like a moth to flame these days, and really not something I ever expected to love so much. If I'm thumbing through a book or magazine and come across a photo of even one of these pieces, my pulse actually quickens. I love, love, love T.G. Green Cornishware. It might be a fortunate thing that I can't afford much of it (I have one teeny-tiny little jar at the moment, and that's it - but isn't that the start of a collection? ;-)), because I really don't have room for a large display of the stuff. But oh, how I love it. It's so fresh and happy. What's your latest obsession, and are you actually doing something to make it a part of your life - or merely lusting after it in your heart, like me?

{{gwi:1670091}}

Comments (61)

• nancybee_2010
    12 years ago
    last modified: 9 years ago

Mine is replacing the carpet in our living room and master bedroom with the tile we have in the rest of the house. And the dark blue persian rugs I have to go on top of the tile.

Maybe someone might remember my thread awhile ago about how to deal with carpet and dog pee- this is why I'm so obsessed about replacing it soon :)

• rosesstink
    12 years ago

When spring comes my obsessions become outdoors ones. Moving plants around, trying to find the perfect plant for that empty spot, deciding on container plants. Unfortunately beautiful March was followed by a pretty dreary April (snowed yesterday) so I haven't been able to get as much done as planned. May will be busy.

• Related Discussions

OT Latest Obsession- Pic Heavy

Q

Comments (17)
    Lennett.. I do have advice for you..Be sure to look before you stick your hand in to get eggs there could be a Snake..Make sure they are penned up good at night the Owls will get them.. During the day the Hawks,Coyote's and Fox will be stocking them. Never thunk one in the head coz it makes them Crazy..I tried this and she started sleeping with the dogs and laying eggs in the garage and on the porch..Keep them out of the Garden they uproot everything. Last of all some Roosters are mean..LOL We had this one he was so mean.. My DD finally caught it and we took and tossed over this old mans fence with his.. Josh maybe you should get a Turken.. Kylie
    ...See More

My latest obsession...

Q

Comments (21)
    Saw the whole thing and recorded it too. I applaude what he did... but remember... Adam is one smart guy and he was really wanting to shock the world and entertain too. He has been trending on Twitter for over 24 hrs now...mission accomplished! He'll be on GMA and singing a different song on Wed morning and Letterman Wed night. I think you will see a different Adam then. I recieved my pre-ordered album today and it really does have something for everyone on it. The press he's recieved today is really good, the album is already hitting #1 on Amazon and almost as high on iTunes. There will be lot's of Adam on the radio soon! He's amazingly sexy and the voice.... too bad the AMA had audio problems last night.
    ...See More

What is your spouse obsessed with ?

Q

Comments (33)
    Sheets: Must be very soft! He actually encourages me to buy very-high-thread-count sheets from Overstock or Tuesday Morning. Antiques: He loves vintage and antique items. Especially different and spooky ones! Furniture: Must be comfortable. And located in spots and arrangements where one can chat and converse with others. Lighting: Lamps. No Blue walls. Ever. In any shade. In any room. Trust me -- comes from childhood decor trauma. LOL! Does see-saw about the level of clutter. So do I. Can stand clutter for a short period of time -- but then the room/house/garden must be tidied. Has Learned Over Time: white paint can help many rooms and many decor problems. Also learned that decor items can be "worked into" a room -- but it may take me a little time and involve my personal and private "puttering" time. Laughs when I carry items around the house until I make them work! Actually feels "creeped out" in some folks homes -- for various reasons. I do too! Jan at Rosemary Cottage
    ...See More

Fun thread: What is your current kitchen related obsession?

Q

Comments (74)
    Mine longtime kitchen obsession has been vintage cookware from the 50s or older. I have a lot of Guardian Service cookware. I love that the stuff is practically bombproof. At the thrift store the other day I found an ancient but still perfectly workable Presto 4 qt pressure cooker. The hammered texture on the lid caught my eye. It has beautiful wood handles too. I love that I can still get gaskets and overpressure plugs for it which I did because while the ones it had were serviceable they looked a little old. I also found a manual for it. Using some common sense and some internet research, it's incredibly easy to use. Since then I have experimented with making a few dishes in it. French onion soup is awesome in it and beans come out creamy textured. Presoaking gets better results though if in a hurry I can start from dry. Seasonings get right into the beans instead of staying in the broth. I am looking for a big oldie so i can use it at the next chili cook-off!
    ...See More
  • springroz
    12 years ago

I am obsessed with finding colorful lamps!

In our new home, I have neutral walls and furniture, with a coloful contemporary farm scene painting, and I want colorful lamps!! One blue one is on it's way, but deep gold or russet that are fairly large, and not ginger jars would work......

I am paralyzed by the amount of STUFF that I have to deal with at the old house...to the point of depression. Nobody wants me to get rid of anything(DH still has his jersey from elementary football,etc.) and we have NO storage space at the new house!! HELP!

Thanks for listening!

Nancy

• natal
    12 years ago

Refinishing the old porch swing and getting it out of the shed and back on the porch. Done!

• angiedfw
    12 years ago

I'm obsessed with built ins. I'm going to add a wall of built in shelves/drawers in my master bedroom, game room and possibly the study. There was very little storage existing in this house, so now I'm adding it.

• porkandham
    12 years ago

Porcelain garden stools for the deck. I need a place for my drink when we sit out there. There are so many options!

• Bumblebeez SC Zone 7
    12 years ago

Pretty much what rosestink says (although I LOVE roses)
    however, inside, garden stools have entered into my periphery lately. I bought one recently for a bedroom.
    Overall, my ongoing obsession is staying updated while avoiding trends. It can be tiring.
    At the moment, replacing the pillows on my sofa - the ones that came with the sofa- with a variety of coordinated pillows

And also all white bedding- the outside stuff anyway: the pillows, quilts, shams.

• PRO
    Diane Smith at Walter E. Smithe Furniture
    12 years ago

Sunny, that shade of blue is fresh, happy and sunny!

I am obsessed with pink! And silver! Almost done stenciling these huge scrolls on the wall. I have not decorated with pastels since I was a kid so I am tickled pink.

• SunnyCottage
    Original Author
    12 years ago

I love reading about your obsessions! While I hesitate to think it's a fabulous thing to be in "acquire" mode, I really do enjoy it when my wheels are turning and I'm "on the hunt" for something specific. Sounds like many of you have been the same way lately!

Lynn, your portal is heavenly! I can almost smell the high desert from here!

Deedee99, that is fabulous! Will you share a larger pic when you're finished? Which room is this in?

• allison0704
    12 years ago

I've been through my dish and bedding phases. Your obsessions are lovely.

I'm currently making local phone calls to get a 7" thick piece of quick dry, mildew resistant exterior foam that will be the mattress of my new swinging bed for the screen porch. I've been wanting one for YEARS!!!!! It's not like I couldn't afford one, but I honestly felt guilty for spending that kind of money on something for outside. So silly. I could have been enjoying it for years!

When I wrote the (linked below) article, I was contacted by the man that made the first picture swing. He no longer is making them for that local store. We've been exchanging emails now and then - he can build anything. I finally bit the bullet and had him build me one - justified it as my birthday is this summer. ;)

I bought a blow up mattress at Bed Bath & Beyond, but I can't use regular sheets so I'll return it. When a good storm comes, the wind blows right down the valley and soaks the deep veranda. I've found the place online to make the cover, but it has to be freight shipped ($$$), so I've moved to calling around locally.

Hoping to get the Sunbrella cover ordered tomorrow and sleeping outside - or at least napping - in a few short weeks. :)

Here is a link that might be useful: Swinging Porch Beds

• jmc01
    12 years ago

Our family dishes as I was growing up were Cornishware. Because they WERE the the family dishes, I don't care if I ever see them again:).
    My sister has them now ...if I do need to visit!

I'm in the midst of an heirloom tomato obsession now. i started alot of varieties from seed and, now that all are transplanted to larger pots, they have overtaken the dining room. I will have them outdoors this weekend!

• juliekcmo
    12 years ago

Purging.

Not the "gag me with a spoon" type, the decor type.

Has to do with the coinciding events of my MIL and FIL downsizing after 40 years in the family home, and DD1 going to grad school out of state next year, and DD2 moving from the dorms to a rental house for J/S year in college.

I want the extra stuff GONE.

Over Easter had the DDs let me know what pieces they would want to take soon, what they want to store here until they have more room, and what existing items they never want. (lots of items in category #3)

My goal is to have everything in category #3 gone by the end of June. Out of my house. Given away, good will, or curbside. This is things in their rooms, and also basement where I have been stashing things like extra lamps, etc over the last 5 years or so.

Painted their rooms and the joined bathroom recently. Now am getting windows covered and things arranged. By end of the weekend I want to have that pulled together.

It's like creating an oasis of zen. Guest room ready bonus rooms that I can use for sewing projects.

I will post photos next week or when I finish.
    And remember, I was starting off with the dread lilac and baby pink bathroom.

• Oakley
    12 years ago

Angry Birds. Oh, you mean decorating? lol. YELLOW. Mostly for the kitchen. It's only taken me 3 years to figure out yellow is one of the accent colors that will pull my kitchen together. I'm slow, what can I say?

• kathy77
    12 years ago

Mine is sewing machines. Don't know how I managed to arrive at this age without a reliable machine. About 15 years ago I got rid of a machine I didn't like and bought a Kenmore electronic machine for around $500/$600. It was just ok to my disappointment. Now it's got a blown fuse, and I expect it to cost $80 or more to get it serviced. :(
    The other machine I have is an antique Singer I got for $5.00 at a yard sale. It's beautiful, but it's not working either.
    Then I have a small portable Kenmore, but it's 3 hours away at my summer place, and I haven't opened it up for the season yet.
    Naturally I had just started a project when my electronic machine blew a fuse. So I decided to just buy a reliable machine on Craigslist or Ebay. I tried Craigslist first, thinking local would be better, but nooo, the ads are awful, pictures too far away or dark n blurry, one was of the back of the machine only, a couple were of the cabinet without showing the machine inside! I still found 2 ads that interested me, but since they were way across town, I emailed with questions, and requests for more photos. One never replied. The other said he didn't know, ignored my photo request, and said I should just come and look. Uh, no, I will not drive that far without more info.
    So, back to Ebay. I ended up buying TWO. Feeling kind of irritated with myself over that. The first one I regretted right away, but I have a 100% positive Ebay rating, didn't want to tell seller I changed my mind. The second one I'm more optimistic about.
    How is this decorating related? After I finish altering some jeans for my daughter, I'll be making pillows for my new sofa and loveseat.

Here is a link that might be useful: Flickr photos of my 5 machines

• palimpsest
    12 years ago

I have a couple dozen pieces of green pottery in urn form with ear-like handles. So I look for specific shapes.

I have 70+ danish modern candlesticks, so I look for specific shapes.

I have a couple dozen vintage Margaret Keane prints and I am looking for a large-format "Bullfight Day" and a large-format "Runaway"

I have to find the right upholstery for two womb chairs-- from Knoll, preferably out of their archive, collection, and something not too overly expensive.

• User
    12 years ago

Antique engravings and prints, mainly of places in Virginia that I have lived. And etsy- original art, vintage clothing, antique prints, pottery- it is so easy to have various obsessions when you start looking through all of the great stuff there.

• ttodd
    12 years ago

What a fun read!

My current obsession is similar to springroz. I am obsessed w/ adding just the right pops of color to our home.

{{gwi:1670094}}

Source:

via Tiffani on Pinterest

Maybe try working our guest/ gaming room into something like this:

{{gwi:1670095}}

Source: google.ca via Tiffani on Pinterest

Or this:

{{gwi:1670096}}

Source: bhg.com via Tiffani on Pinterest

Using my antique lithographs in gold frames similar to this:

{{gwi:1670097}}

Source: thelennoxx.com via Tiffani on Pinterest

Currently eyeing up or buffet turned entertainment center to paint a fanciful shade of green like this green armoire:

{{gwi:1670098}}

Source: milkandhoneyhome.com via Tiffani on Pinterest

I've been working on 2 large canvases measuring 48"x48" and 1 measuring 48"x36". 1 is a collage type deal and the other 2 will be sort of a cross between these 2 types of art:

{{gwi:1670099}}

Source: willowdecor.blogspot.com via Tiffani on Pinterest

{{gwi:1670100}}

Source: flickr.com via Tiffani on Pinterest

And, while not decor related, I am ridiculously obsessed w/ letting my hair do it's natural thing while showing DD that we do not have to conform to be beautiful. My hair does something close to this naturally:

{{gwi:1670101}}

Source: mynewhair.info via Tiffani on Pinterest

Oh, and this dress:

{{gwi:1670102}}

Source: imgfave.com via Tiffani on Pinterest

Finding the right shade of blue nail polish so that I don't look like a teenager:

{{gwi:1670103}}

Source: vintagegirl1.blogspot.com via Tiffani on Pinterest

And smokey blue eyeshadow even for daytime:

{{gwi:1670104}}

Source: pixiwoo.blogspot.ca via Daniela on Pinterest

Sorry I went off on a tangent - it felt good though! Thanks!

Oops! 1 last obsession - Brooke Shields kitchen:

{{gwi:1670105}}

Source: google.com via Tiffani on Pinterest

Now I'm done. For real!

• roarah
    12 years ago

Mine is rug shopping for a soft rug that is somewhat modern yet still fits with my older home. Rug shopping is intiminating and I have no real direction as to what I really want:( and I am afraid to order online due to color variations on my monitors.
    DEE, lovely work, I can not wait to see the finished product!

• decorcrzy
    12 years ago

I am right now going through the painting phase, in a big way. In the past 4 months, I have painted the laundry room, a bedroom, the family room, the master bath(3 times, finally got the color right the third time), and the powder room(will be painting it the 3rd time next week, hopefully the third time will be the charm).

There is nothing more euphoric than when you hit on that perfect color.

I have already purchased paint for the exterior of the house. I plan on starting that project in 2 weeks, when the weather warms up. It's been a long winter in Wisconsin this year(actually every year, you have to find an obsession to help keep you sane in the long winter months).

After the house is done than the yardfanatic buried in me will surface and take over for the summer.

• Bumblebeez SC Zone 7
    12 years ago

Ok, my very latest obsession is to follow you on Pinterest, Fox! You have wonderful taste...

• tuesday_2008
    12 years ago

My latest obsession is finding a beautiful 6 x 9 wool flat weave (Soumak style) rug for my office that doesn't cost a fortune! I'm talking about Overstock prices! They DO NOT have a good selection now in my colors. I check everyday.
    If anyone happens to find a nice neutral wool flat weave, lighter earthy colors, give a shout out!

• lynxe
    12 years ago

Murano and Venetian glass, 20th century. I seem to be attracted mostly to certain glass houses, certain forms.

After picking up an amazing silver six-arm candelabra, tall, with the base a woman with long, flowing hair that transforms into the gown, I thought I was going to become interested in Wiener Werkstatte or Art Nouveau stuff. But I've decided that that one object is enough for me.

Relatively recent/new plant collecting interests: heirloom vegetables, heirloom tulips, primroses. These are in addition to current interests. I'm also finding collector's daffodils pretty interesting. Unfortunately for me, I know someone who collects and shows at the Philadelphia Flower Show level, so I may be in trouble there.

I collect hardback "coffee table" books, mostly house and garden books, now adding books on Italian glass to the mix.

I guess that's pretty much it!

• lynxe
    12 years ago

I'm clearing my parents' house of unwanted things, preparation for a move. My mother likes the contemporary look and, at one point, "contemporary" meant 60s and 70s. Lots of Scandinavian stuff. The only candlesticks I've seen so far are pewter, and probably American (not to mention, going with them to the new house). I don't care for most of that stuff myself, so I'll keep an eye out for candlesticks for you. :)

• Fun2BHere
    12 years ago

Oh, TTodd, I WISH I could have that hair. Mine is fine, flyaway and thin. If I didn't dye it and if I cut it shorter, I would look like a dandelion!

Allison0704, I love your idea of an outdoor bed. I have one question, though. How will you keep it clean? Everything that's outside at my house gets covered in grit. I have to wash the patio furniture every time I want to use it.

• angiedfw
    12 years ago

TheFoxesPad: Try Essie Turquoise and Caicos nail polish. I had a pedi done last month (5 weeks ago) in that color for a trip to Puerto Rico. It was perfect! And I just took it off this week!

• ttodd
    12 years ago

LOL Bumblebeez!

Well Fun2BHere - we'll see how similar they can get my hair. Haven't had a cut or trim in yrs. since I almost always blow it out straight. Kinda scary!

Angiedfw - thanks for the suggestions - I'm going to check them out tomorrow!

• hlove
    12 years ago

Paint colors for our interior and area rugs. I was up until 2am last night thinking (i.e. obsessing) about it....so, so sad. ;) I have been drawn to purple everything lately (just realized I walked out of the house this morning with purple sneakers, purple sweater, purple down vest)....trying so hard not to buy a purple rug!

• cindyandmocha
    12 years ago

My latest is my master bedroom remodel. I have my budget, the funds, and a mood board (ok a word document) with snagit pics of everything I want to do. I'm waiting for the flooring guy to arrive with the estimate for me to sign today! I'm sooooo excited about doing this room. It's a departure from my usual style. It's more modern than what I usually do and I'm going with a medium to dark grey walls (Benjamin Moore Grey Shower).

The theme is of course grey, with touches of cream/white and yellow.

I've already ordered the rug (plus other goodies), and my centerpiece -- last night I "pulled the trigger" and submitted an order for the Colette Bed from Crate & Barrel in chocolate. I've been drooling over that bed for a while.

I'm going to buy some paint in a little while - and a new drill. One thing I did to save a little is to re-use my old dresser. It's about 20 years old and still in great shape. I'm removing the mirror that came with it and all the hardware - those ugly old distressed bail pulls. I found a bargain online for some William Sonoma silver cup pulls (normally $14 each) for $4 each. I needed 22 (for the dresser and chest). Woohoo, can't wait to install them!

• artydecor
    12 years ago

I want to make a door headboard for our new king bed. First off, I found that the paneled style shown on so many blogs is really hard to find. No way is one hanging around on the curb for trash pick-up, not at least around here. New ones are so expensive you may as well just buy a headboard. Second, when you look closely at diy blog photos, many of them are "off"- the rails aren't even. Couldn't live with that. Third, maybe I want a plain door slab, to embellish with pre-cut molding (apparently crown molding is a subject onto itself). Solid (what I want, but so heavy) or hollow core (cheapy but maneuverable)? Stain or paint? This is long, but we are talking obsessions here. Welcome to my mind.

Fox, I would love to have hair like you. Beautiful! I'd wear it long and natural!

• indygo
    12 years ago

Trying to figure out how Pinterest works. I have an account. I have "followers." I don't know what I'm supposed to do with it!

• ttodd
    12 years ago

Indygo-girl,

If you want, feel free to shoot me an e-mail and I can see if I can help. Took me a bit but I've learned to navigate my way around and post pictures to and from other sites. I think i fixed my profile here to include my e-mail.

Have a good night - headed home!

• cyn427 (z. 7, N. VA)
    12 years ago

My obsession just changed. I am now obsessed with Foxes' hair now, since mine is also fine, thin, and straight. Ugh. What I would give for hair like your or that in the picture you posted!!! Green with envy.

• luckygal
    12 years ago

If I had seen that pic of Cornishware 20 years ago it might have become one of my obsessions as I love everything blue and white. I've had a fair number of obsessions over the years and it's fun reading about the ones others have.

I'm currently editing my home and have given away and sold a ton (almost literally) of things and have more to go. While it was difficult at first to let go of things I'd had for years and loved it has become easier as I continue. I'm doing this as may move and had way too much stuff. When a lot has gone I've promised myself I can again choose an obsession and have fun with it! :-D Who knows I may learn to love the less-is-more style so am keeping an open mind for now.

So I guess my current obsession is eliminating many of the obsessions I've had in the past! LOL

• allison0704
    12 years ago

Fun2BHere, I ordered a DryFast foam mattress today (online, free shipping) and Sunbrella cover. I'm not a frou-frou girl, so no sheets, bedding or lots of pillows for me. I'll probably order a few outdoor pillows, but waiting until I get the above first. If I want to sleep outside, I'll just take a vintage quilt or clean sheet. Our verandas are 9 feet deep, so I don't have to worry about grit... only pollen in the spring.

• Fun2BHere
    12 years ago

Thanks for the additional information, Allison0704. I was hoping you had a magic way to keep things clean. :-( LOL! Please do post a picture when you get everything pulled together. I'd love to see how it all looks.

• ttodd
    12 years ago

angiedfw - I got that nail polish last night. It's really pretty! My nails are completely catching me off guard now. I usually only wear black or a color close to black or pale sheer pinks & beiges so this turquoise is taking some getting used to! Thanks for the suggestion!

Cyn - I've always described my nair as Diana Ross hair but shoulder length. My kids used to always ask me what happened to my hair when they saw it combed out. LOL! They're probably scarred!

Luckygal - isn't that a wonderful obsession? I'm hoping to go for round 2 or 3 of the purging obsession this Spring!

• polly929
    12 years ago

Shoes.

They say after you have children your feet change sizes. Well, they stayed the same after #1, then after #2, and again after #3. My 3rd will turn 3 this summer, and suddenly every pair of 7 1/2 shoes I own are tight on me. To the point I am getting blisters. I just don't get it.

So, my new obsession, re-establishing my now defunct shoe collection. And on a shoe-string budget no less.

• amck2
    12 years ago

Mine is what brought me back to this forum - creating an in-law/guest suite at our lake place.

I posted a few weeks back with questions on how to revive a vintage wood frame Ethan Allen sofa & chair that my sister gave me. I'd seen a similar looking set in the April 2010 issue of House Beautiful (that one was a Cushman)that had been redone with blue ticking cushions.

Well, DD and I just finished it yesterday. We're really pleased with the results. Will try to post pics when we get it set up at the lake in the next week or two.

Now I'm moving on to other parts of the space....Hope to have it company ready by July 4th.

• schoolhouse_gw
    12 years ago

Dish towels, pretty colors and vintage patterns. Have been finding most of the nicest colors at Dollar General(!), Pat Catans, and the vintage towels from my own collection. Since my kitchen remodel I can now bring them out and enjoy - and make use of.

• amck2
    12 years ago

Meant to add how much I enjoy this type of thread. I believe I've seen T.G. Green Cornishware pieces here and there, but never knew about the line. Love learning about things like this.

• lala girl
    12 years ago

I love this thread too!

My latest obsession is the tiny wonderful (and super affordable) watercolors by an artist in Italy on Etsy - her store name is "Dimdi" - this is one that I am going to put in my dining room - I love his sweet face. I am so trying to resist doing a 4 x 4 collection of all of her song birds...it is just the type of thing I like in the spring.

{{gwi:1670106}}

I am also still into my bleached white antlers (I know that trend is over but I cannot give them up), shells, and white enamelware.

I am also working through our basement playroom trying to part with all of the toys my boys no longer play with and it is more emotional than I thought to give up Thomas the Trains...

• SunnyCottage
    Original Author
    12 years ago

Oh laurainlincoln ... I'm in love!

They're smiling!

• SunnyCottage
    Original Author
    12 years ago

I loved their little faces so much that I had to make them mine! I'm going to mat and frame them, and hang the gray one beneath the black & white one, so that he's looking up at the other kitty. :-)

• xantippe
    12 years ago

My dishwasher. I have not had once since 1996. Last year, we bought a house with a beautiful dishwasher... that mysteriously started leaking the night we got the keys to the house. We did not bother to get it repaired, because we had to spend money on other things (roof, chimney, etc). But the darned thing started leaking a week ago, so we had to get an emergency repair, and, boy, I am glad we did. It is so amazing having sparkling dishes through no effort of my own. How did I ever live, almost half of my life, dishwasherless?

I am also obsessed with things made of black metal (wrought iron or similar). I have bought a ridiculous amount of lanterns, baskets, bird cages, trays, and candleholders over the past year, and love them all very much. It is so much fun switching them out with new seasonal decorations every month or so. They are trendy, and will eventually be "out" but I don't care. Sometimes you have to join in on a fun trend!

• Jess TKA
    12 years ago

We're in the process of trying to buy a house so, right now, I'm obsessed with almost EVERYTHING related to homes and design. I spend way too much time lurking on these boards. :) Probably the one thing that makes my heart go pitty-pat the most is toss pillows. I see so many that I adore and it's terribly hard for me to resist bringing them home.

• User
    12 years ago

Over the past few years I've developed a love for plaids and masculine fabrics and have added some along the way. There is a certain look I really love but can't fully carry it out with my style home.

I've been having a desire to add touches of deep/navy blue in the house. I'm waiting for things to speak to me so this will be a process.

Just recently I spent a few hours one day and changed up a bunch of accessories, etc. This whirlwind caused me to want to a new valance for the kitchen. I'm searching for the right (cheap) fabric for a more light and summery look.

• loribee
    12 years ago

I'm obsessed with working on my front patio/yard. I just painted my front door LA Brick...love it, matches my coral drapes, lol.

I'm mulching and edging, planted a small, coral dogwood tree and am sewing and hunting for the perfect patio pillows. Just found these coral throw pillows at HD, which may do the trick! Cute??

Love the nail polish, girls!!

• Oakley
    12 years ago

Jen, if you like little figurines, check out Jim Shore's cats. They're all "quilted."

I collect prints of Tuxedo Cats. Usually from old calendars of various sizes. I put them in the bathroom for some reason. lol

TFP, I have my Opi sitting out to do my nails today. I love it!

• ghostlyvision
    12 years ago

Yellow...gingham...and green milk glass. Working on a project now that incorporates all three, will post pics when finished. lol

• PRO
    Diane Smith at Walter E. Smithe Furniture
    12 years ago

SunnyC, you should start a new obsession thread every month. I enjoy reading everyone elses "preoccupation"lol!

obsession
    Compulsive preoccupation with a fixed idea or an unwanted feeling or emotion, often accompanied by symptoms of anxiety. A compulsive, often unreasonable idea or emotion.

You asked for a pic of my finished stenciled wall. I did this project at work, not at home. I wanted something a bit over the top in scale. The scroll is almost 3' high though I wish I could have found one about 5'. The walls are 24' so it would have been kinda cool if I brought them up even higher. Didn't want to stencil from an extension ladder though. A broken bone is not in my plans for the future!

Anyway, here is a pic. Product has been hastily thrown back in place, so just look at the wall please:)

For perspective, the pink is painted to a height of 9'. The stenciling goes around the corner about another 20'.

So that project has now led me to the next phase of my obsession which is painting this harlequin pattern on an opposite wall. I'm thinking just a shot of it. Three rows wide and going up about 12'. I found a company that offers diamond shaped stencils in a 4' x 2' size. I could achieve the Harlequin pattern with painters tape, a level and a tape measurer, but that's giving me a headache thinking about it....