SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
gd2garden_gw

Help validate what my pool builder is telling me!

gd2garden
17 years ago

I have another post on this forum regarding whether we messed up on the design of our pool's depth. In a nutshell, today I signed the change order to pay an additional $600 to bring the pool depth back up to 4' to 5' to 4.5'. The pool builder is having the excavator return with dirt and then compacting it through the use of water and equipment.

I'd like to hear from you pool contractors out there as to whether the information we were given regarding a credit for the shotcrete is accurate. We thought we might get some credit back for the use of less shotcrete since our original price we paid was based on a pool depth of 4' to 6' to 5'. However, our pool company is telling us today that they pay the shotcrete company a set price up to 6' depths and there would be no credit back to us. I just figured if less shotcrete was required their price would be less.

The pool salesperson also said they were eating the liability insurance cost of about $55 that they would pay on the excavator coming back out to add and compact dirt.

It is not so much the money at this point as it is the principle and ethics involved. I just want to know if my pool builder is being honest and fair with me. Any opinions out there?

I know of two friends that want a referral for a pool builder in the future and I just want to make sure ours is being straight forward and honest before I recommend them.

Comments (23)

Sponsored
Re-Bath
Average rating: 4.9 out of 5 stars12 Reviews
Pittsburgh's Custom Kitchen & Bath Designs for Everyday Living