SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
wolfeden_gw

Pool Consultant vs Pool Builder - Houston/League City

wolfeden
14 years ago

Glad I found this site. We need information, advice and recommendation and looks like I might have stumbled on the right neighborhood :-) Any help is greatly appreciated!

Step 1, we finally made a decision to build a pool!

Step 2, don't really know what we are doing so thought we can get advice from the experts and veterans here.

Step 3, here we go...

We are in discussion with a "pool consultant" who will do what I think a pool builder will do except guarantee/warranty the work. I don't really know anything about pool building warranty, if this is the normal process which makes me really uneasy. Hypothetically, we would be getting warranty directly from each subcontractor for each job (ironwork, gunite, plumber,etc) instead of the "pool consultant". I asked if this would mean we would be signing a separate contract with each subcontractor and the pool consultant said that they do not normally do that. My expectation is that I will sign a single contract with an person/entity who will guarantee/warranty the work but if we go with the consultant this will not be the case. Am I making a big deal out of this or is this a normal way of doing business?

We are in League City and we are working with Bill Davie (Propool Consultants) who used to be with Imagine Pools. Thank you in advance for any feedback you would like to share.

Comments (9)