SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
lisa8192_2007

What would you do to this house?

lisa8192_2007
16 years ago

So...here's my story. I finally can take ownership of the yard! Husband had a midlife crisis, and left me and the kids. He was always in charge of the lawn and never really wanted to do anything different. I've already gone room to room inside the house redecorating to keep my busy, and now spring has sprung! I really would love ideas to made the house prettier, via gardens and whatever. I have plenty of time to put my heart into the yard and beds..and the kids are excited to help plant. I really need and want that smile factor when you look at your house! Everyone has been so helpful on here..especially when I gutted his home office and made it my 'den'! Thanks for any ideas...And again...sorry I almost hijacked another thread over this! I forgot my manners :)

Comments (38)

• mlraff53
    16 years ago
    last modified: 9 years ago

Your house is lovely and I'm sure somebody here will give you great suggestions on gardening (I'm not one of them haha). I just wanted to give you a pat on the back for your attitude and the gutting of the office! you go girl!

• User
    16 years ago

Lisa it sounds like you and your kids have a great attitude and are going strong. Good for you.

What Zone are you in ? Sun/shade in the front ? How many hours of each? Kind of soil? What kinds of plants do your neighbors have that do well? Walk around with your camera and take pics of other yards, ask questions and advice from the ones that look good...maybe get "pass alongs" from friends. Is there a Homeowners Assoc. that you have to follow guidelines? Those are the questions that lots of folks will ask you :). Check the cottage garden forum for wonderful folks who have gorgeous gardens and lots of ideas. Good luck !! Caroline

• Related Discussions

What do you think of and

Q

Comments (31)
    Hi Pauline! I don't often pop in here, but I did today. I think the house has potential too. As far as the exterior goes, I'd shingle it, breaking up the top/bottom with some horizontal trim. (The windows need a wider trim around them too.) And...staining is much easier than scraping paint! Personally, the house looks more farmhouse than saltbox to me. I like a shingle style, and think it would lend itself beautifully to the old farm-house shape of the house. (My eye wants to break up the height on the end where the garage is, which is why I'd add a horizontal detail. Shingling the entire house would give it a uniformity and add instant $ IMHO.) Of course, a different garage door would also be a huge change, and considering the height of your gable end, a trellis or arbor around the garage door could also add height/greenery and would be charming. Let us know what you decide to do...I'll be watching. I have no doubt if anyone can turn this into a silk purse, you can!
    ...See More

Need help decorating outside of house for Christmas

Q

Comments (10)
    Look at all that snow!!! How pretty that is just by itself ;-) It depends on your budget, but I could see two wreaths hung above the garage door on either side of the window, or from the carriage lights to the side of the garage door, and one on the front door of the house, or a nice floral arrangement. Your house has nice lines... outlining the roof line in white lights would look nice. You could also wrap the columns in lit garland. Don't know what you have or if you want to buy, but I have a 3-ft tall old world Santy that would look awesome standing left of the front door. A smaller Christmas tree would look nice there too. If it were me, I wouldn't mess with the trees, but you might think about the bushes, especially the one that looks like a Christmas tree. I have yucky boxwoods that I put white lights only on the top of so it looks like snow on them, LOL! It usually doesn't happen here around Christmas time (I'm in Texas). As for the windows, you could hang snowflake ornies with ribbon from the inside tops or this looks easy and inexpensive... Here is a link that might be useful: Felt snow in the window...
    ...See More

What would you do to update this home?

Q

Comments (13)
    There is an addition in the back whose siding has to be replaced. We are planning on going with Hardie board. The brown section (paneling) in the front will also be replaced at that time, again most likely with Hardie board but am open to suggestions. Budget $5000-$10,000. Not sure what is realistic, will start asking for quotes from local professionals in the next few weeks. The picture is from when we first moved in. Since that time we have had an 8 ft board on board vertical fence installed. We had thought to install a front wall/patio similar to the picture above but city code limits us to 3 ft. and we can only go out to the gated arch. Flower beds have been stripped and amended. We are waiting until spring to plant. Anyone know how to kill off Ivy-I have spent hours stripping/pulling runners. Miley Rey-thank you, never knew what style it was. RappArchiture-I like the idea of widening the fascia boards. Thank you for the suggestions/input.
    ...See More

What would you do? Exterior House Remodel Ideas - Photoshop Help!

Q

Comments (8)
    Is the sun on the front of the house a problem? I can see wanting a small portico or entry awning, but it's amazing how sleepy the house looked before and how awake it looks now. Regarding painted brick, I grew up in a house with white painted brick and no one ever complained about intolerable maintenance. The more unified front aspect could be a strong positive.
    ...See More
  • les917
    16 years ago

I am sorry to hear that the male midlife crisis has damaged another family. But I love your attitude and your determination to move forward and make a new and better life for you and your kids.

You have a lovely home. I am no landscape person, but I would love to see the bed on the left brought out in a larger curve, with perhaps a wonderful bubbling copper-color fountain, a birdbath, or, or just a large gazing ball with plantings around it.

On the right, I would think it would be nice to create a wider bed along the lawn side of the sidewalk, perhaps with some landscape lights and low plantings. I would trim down those bushes in front of the windows and pull out that one scraggly evergreen by the garage. In fact, you could create a large curve of bedding that comes out into the lawn quite a bit at about the midpoint of the sidewalk and add a nice weeping cherry or some other ornamental tree there.

I could see lots of colorful plantings, shades of copper and burgundy and golds in the greens and flowers.

Finally, down the road, I might think about changing the color of the shutters to a rich warm mossy green. I think it would add another layer of color on the house and make it feel even friendlier.

I would also lose the two urns that are sitting on either side of the porch - they are too small and look lost. Maybe you could place them down on either side of the garage door or something.

• louisianapurchase
    16 years ago

Instead of losing the urns altogether on the front, maybe try them on each side of the front door. Also wanted to give you and your kids a smile :)

• Ideefixe
    16 years ago

I'd repost over on one of the gardening forums, but if you've got the right exposure, climbing roses would be wonderful.

• daisyadair
    16 years ago

The first thing I noticed was that the shrubs are more in front of the windows, and not as much between. I try to keep my shrubs from growing up too high past the windows. Also, plants in front of the window on the far right are just off. Think more of framing your windows with the shrubs - does that make sense? In front of my house I planted hollies below the windows, and between the windows I planted ligustrums which I have trimmed like little trees. I like the tree on the left, but again I would trim it to not be in front of the windows.

• lisa8192_2007
    Original Author
    16 years ago

Thanks everyone! I'm in Ohio..which I believe is zone 5. I have no idea about what type of soil I have...I'm a novice gardener. The urns are usually on the porch, but it was halloween. But..I think I will lose them anyway; they are too small. Moving the shrubs, like the viburnums would be too much work physically for me to do alone...I would really love to do some landscaping in the yard...I would have to pay someone.

Thanks for the uplifting comments. My attitude definitely has it's bad days. This has been the most painful experience of my life..but, as they say...what doesn't kill you! I'm blessed that I am keeping the house, but it's a little daunting to do everyone on my own!

• nhb22
    16 years ago

I know what you mean about your DH being "in charge" of the yard. My DH will not let me add anything(trees)to our yard, unless he agrees... which means nothing!

If my hubby has a "mid-life crisis", I am moving to a community where all the yard work is taken care of.

I don't have any other suggestions than what is already been given, but I would love to see your home office transformation. :)

• mclarke
    16 years ago

Congratulations on your fresh start.

What kind of budget are you working with?

The first thing I notice is your walkway. It's hard to tell from the photo, but if it were me, I would tear it out and install a new, curved walkway, perhaps made of brick to match your facade.

This would give you more room for garden beds to the right.

The second thing I notice is that your shrubbery is all lined up like soldiers in a row. Not to disparage the artistic males who are reading this, but this is a common trait among male DIY landscapers -- line everything up.

It would be better to vary the height and shape of your shrubs... and add some perennials in front of them.

You might like the urns better if you moved them forward, directly in front of the white pillars.

• lisa8192_2007
    Original Author
    16 years ago

mclarke-I don't know what my budget it..I haven't consulted anyone. I am willing to put some money into it...just have no idea what stuff costs! I would LOVE a brick walkway. Any idea what that might run??
    newhomebuilder-here's the office..

before

after

• farfrae
    16 years ago

I don't know if you posted on the garden side or not, but how large is the bed between the side walk and the what is probably side of garage? I think you need a cone shaped, shrub to "echo" the peak on your house. I would put that off to the right.
    And the space to the right of downspout and arched window would be a good place for a medium say about 6 ft tall, multi season interest shrub. It will break up the expanse of the siding, just not taller than the roof.
    You might want to trim shrub at bay window, to lower it a bit.
    Your house is very nice, has a traditional look. If you are looking for a professional plan and installation it can become expensive quickly. Sometimes garden centers will do an inexpensive or free plan if you buy plants from them.

Best of luck, you are doing a great job in a way more than difficult life situation.

• ilovepink
    16 years ago

The office looks amazing. GREAT JOB!

I think you need to add some borders to the front that are curved.

Then a crepe myrtle on the side of the window in the corner of the garage would be goregous.

I'd do something that is full but not going to cover the windows.

The urns need a tall evergreen in them.

I would definitely check into zero scape plants. You can do some lovely things without being a slave to watering. It's also very good for the environment and my prediction is that going forward as we sell houses it will be more appealing to have zero scaping that is lush vs. lush landscaping that takes watering!

• lindybarts
    16 years ago

Lisa, Lisa, Lisa! Another round of applause on your spirit and attitude! At least you got this gorgeous house, right? Keep your chin up!

Are you ready?

Everyone gave great ideas but I took Les' and ran with it. I even found a cute copper birdbath from Plow and Hearth. I also "borrowed" this sidewalk from another post so I apologize if I it's a regular here. Adding a flagstone or paver path would be soooo beautiful. I didn't put in the weeping cherry just yet so you can see what's up against the house first. I also played with some green shutters but don't have more time to tinker. Off to pick up kiddos.

Moss green shutters

• teacats
    16 years ago

Lindy -- AMAZING virtuals!! Well done!

Excellent ideas shown in them! :)

• kitchenkelly
    16 years ago

lindybarts strikes again! (What color is your cape? I bet is has flowers on it.)

• lindybarts
    16 years ago

What color is your cape? I bet is has flowers on it

LOL kitchenkelly! My cape most surely has the Superman Logo on it. For those that don't know me, I'm Bon Jovi obsessed! LOL!

• no_green_thumb
    16 years ago

Lisa,
    Congrats on such a great attitude. I am sure you have some trying days! I am in Ohio as well, not a gardener as you can tell from my screen name - and of course, Lindy has come in and done a superb photoshop.
    I do agree with Daisy that I like the evergreens not to grow past the window. I think by chopping those three down a bit, they will blend in more with the landscape.

And remember ------
    You are only as strong as the coffee you drink,
    the hairspray you use --- and the friends you have.

You have a lot of friends here! Good luck in your next of life's phases.

• saskatchewan_girl
    16 years ago

Firstly, good job on keeping your chin up and focusing on positives in your life : ) A tough situation that you're making the best of!
    My first suggestion is...........out with the old and in with the new. I would take out the large shrubs and start fresh. Make a list of perennials that you like, such as climbing roses or clematis and the color you like. Medium height ones that you think are pretty and then some low growing ones. Make another list of the annuals you think are pretty. If you see a plant in a pic or yard, ask what it is and see if it grows well in your area. What colors do you like? Anything that you've always liked and wanted to plant?
    If you can, try not to plant tall plants in front of your windows and consider planting in groups of 3's, something I like to do. I also like to add a plant with white flowers, so the color I use (purple is my absolute favorite : ) will stand out more. If you can/like, try to add some plants that have other colors to them, such as ones with yellow leaves, blue/green foilage or purple foilage (remember purple is my favorite LOL) just to make your plants stand out........this way they are not just all the same. Another thing is to remember not to plant too close together, plants need air circulation and do get larger. It is also easier to weed around and add mulch.
    I like the above idea to use large pots near the door way, there are many to choose from, modern/contemporary, traditional etc.........pick what makes YOU feel good : )
    Once you know what you like and want it will be easier to locate where to put them.
    BTW, your 'den' looks fantastic! Very inspirational, warm and "woman of the house" feeling. Good friends are a wonderful gift in situations such as yours ; )

• nhb22
    16 years ago

WOW!!! Wonderful job on the office!

lindybarts - You did it again! I think it's your best ever! The facade sure made me smile! :)

• kitchenkelly
    16 years ago

LOL lindy. Nice choice for an obsession.

I think the front yard needs a big tree somewhere. Planting a a new tree could be symbolic for you. Looks like you have great trees in the back. And what nice grass!

• primgal36
    16 years ago

Just something to throw out to you. Take a look from the "inside" of the house to be sure that you'll get good views from each room. Don't just think about what you see outside- don't get bushes that are going to grow in to your windows, unless that's what you want. You'll want to enjoy seeing from inside as well.
    Good luck to you and your family. Your hubby will soon learn that the grass isn't always greener on the other side, maybe you'll be able to work through this, don't lose hope because this could bring you both together and stronger than you ever thought- I know because I've been there. Get a good Christian counselor, and trust in the Lord, he'll see you through if you let him.

• lisa8192_2007
    Original Author
    16 years ago

Wow! Thanks to all for their input and ideas! I actually did cut all those shrubs down below the window just after that photo was taken! Lindy-the virtual is amazing and makes me want to show that to a professional and get an estimate. I bet its a ton! But hey, it's still hubby's money for now. I really appreciate the kind words..friends and family are my greatest blessing right now. Don't know what I would do without them :) And yes, I do believe someday he will realize what a mistake he made, but it will be too late. We had a great marriage. He thinks he is missing something exciting out there. He may find it, temporarily.
    I am totally convinced I'm doing a lanscape project now! Can anyone even ballpark a figure? I have always wanted a large tree in the front yard and he would never let me! Said it would be in the way of the kids playing....Oh, and I am a huge bon jovi fan!! Saw him in concert in cleveland a couple years ago....ahhhhhh!

• awm03
    16 years ago

The urns would look nice as decorative accents within the garden beds. The beds will go in & out of season, so when a group of flowers are finished, you could have the urns fill in as focal points Fill them with colorful annuals that provide color when the beds have reverted to green.

For example, you might have a patch of low growing plants like creeping thyme, creeping flox, sweet alyssum, or dianthus somewhere in the beds. Those are spectacular in spring flower, but are merely nice greenery the rest of the summer. But if you put an urn among them, it would add visual interest to the plants in flower and, filled with annuals, would add color in a spot that would need it when the bed plants aren't in flower.

• lisa8192_2007
    Original Author
    16 years ago

Well...I have a guy coming out later today or tomorrow morning to give me an idea of an estimate on doing a new walkway and bed. i love the photo with the pavers..anyone have an idea on a rough price so I am not completely shocked!!

• lisa8192_2007
    Original Author
    16 years ago

well..very expensive! about three thousand to just do the walkway in pavers. About six to do the photo Lindy did. As much as that would make me so happy..I just don't have the much :( So, back to the beginning..need to find a way to make the outside landscaping more appealing with a better budget! Any ideas?

• lindybarts
    16 years ago

Awww shucks! Any chance you could get some more estimates? Sometimes it pays to shop around. There are quite a few DIY websites that came up when I was searching for photos on the web. Do you think you could do it? Here's one I found.

Flagstone Path DIY

• CaroleOH
    16 years ago

Hi Lisa,

Love what you did with the ex's office. I'm also in Ohio, so whatever you choose, make sure you get the right plants for the area. I love Crepe Myrtles but they won't make it through an Ohio winter.

You really need to set a budget because landscaping can really be expensive. You've got a huge walkway - to do a paver walk could cost $1500 or more, depending the the design and pavers you choose. That's not even putting in new bushes/plants etc. If you've got $2000 or $3000 to spend, then you can totally rip everything out and do the pavers. If I were spending that amount, I'd call some nurseries in the area and have 2-3 landscape estimates with a rought sketch drawing. They can do some beautiful landscape ideas.

If want to keep the budget and project scope more do it yourself, I'd trim the bushes so they are tidy and at window level. Then I'd get some perennials that are tried and true in Ohio. Daylilies, Black Eyed Susan, Purple Coneflower are my favorite - can't kill them, flower for a long time etc.

I'd do 3-4 daylilies on either side of your front walkway, and then do 3-4 Black-eyed susans in front of the bowed window. On the other side I'd do another 3-4 Black Eyed susans and then a grouping of 3 Purple coneflowers and then another grouping of 3-4 Black-eyed susans.

Year 1 they will not be super full - but next summer, they'll be great.

• lisa8192_2007
    Original Author
    16 years ago

Thanks Lindy and Carol! I will definitely get another estimate or two. Lindy, any chance you can photoshop a new landsape bed in the front yard with a tree, keeping the existing walkway? Keeping that front walk is probably a definite for me. There's no way I could do it myself. I may be able to rip that out next year after the divorce is final and I have a better idea of what my situation is. Quick question...can I trim the front shrubs right now, while they are starting to bloom?

• User
    16 years ago

Love the office, Lisa, and your attitude and determination are inspirational. You've been given a lot of good suggestions. You can immediately put those urns in front of the door sidelights and I would put ferns in them. They can be messy but look so welcoming, and you already have very strong vertical lines on your porch with the door, sidelights, and columns.

If you have room I might put a wooden bench on the left side of the porch. If your budget does not allow for a new brick walkway right now, you can edge your current walk in brick on both sides and do brick pavers on your porch---big impact and not too expensive.

Good luck with your project and best wises to you personally!

• lkremodel
    16 years ago

You go, girl! Love your spirit!

I strongly second the suggestions to get multiple bids. We've found that the bid difference can be 1/2 to 1/3 of total cost when removing a bunch of trees and planting better trees.

Rather than doing this all or none, you might think in stages of the project. A major question to ask is how much maintenance you want to do (weeding, trimming, watering, etc). Some plants are much easier than others.

In our area, neighborhood and arboratium garden sales are great places to get plants. My neighbors also freely share things that need periodic dividing like iris, daylilies, and hosta. I'm in WI and hosta do extremely well in shady areas. Our city also gives out free mulch (we haul it away).

My neighbors love to talk gardening and show off their gardens. It's our summer bonding experience and a great source of shared learnings.

• CaroleOH
    16 years ago

Lisa,

To answer your question, yes, you can trim the bushes right now but if they're blooming, you'll cut off the blooms and will not have flowers this spring. What kind of bushes are they? Can you post a current photo? If they're blooming, I'd wait until they're done unless you don't care about the flowers.

• lindybarts
    16 years ago

Sure thing Lisa...I'll work on it later after church! ;c)

And if you do have a current photo, I'd like to use that one so I can see what is blooming too!

• lisa8192_2007
    Original Author
    16 years ago

I love the idea of the ferns..they are one of the plants that make me smile :) I was also thinking of lining the sidewalk with bricks..leading to a new landscape bed in the yard. That is definitely something to look into. I can't take a new pic of the house. I took the kids on our first spring alone last month and we lost the charger to the digital camera! Haven quite gotten around to replacing it yet. The only thing that blooms is the viburnum. I will wait until its done because I love the smell of the flowers. Thanks again for everyone's advice and well wishes. I really appreciate it. It's challenging being a single homeowner and parent, but I am very blessed that I'm in a situation that I can keep the house and stay here comfortably. My kids need to be in their own beds!

• beth4
    16 years ago

First, I can empathize with you, as I was in the same shocking situation in 1991, faced with caring for an entire house, when I had no idea how to do that. Fast forward 17 years later, I've never re-married, I've discovered all of the joys of home ownership, and I've discovered the absolute joy and peace that comes from gardening and puttering around in my yard. I would never have found this part of my being had I not suffered through the trauma of being left alone. I hope you, too, blossom and find a happier you....believe me, it will happen, but it will just take time.

Based on my experience, here are a few observations that might be helpful to you. Giving our yards a face-lift can be quite expensive, and the desired results aren't truly visible until a few years have passed and the plants have matured. I recommend the following:

1) Invest first in your plants, as this is where you'll get the biggest bang for your dollar. Save the hardscape (brick sidewalk, pavers, fountains or ponds) until after you've taken care of the plants.

2) Invest first in perennials, so you can get these established and on their way to full growth. Also, invest in shrubbery and trees first.

3) When planting, visualize each plant at its full grown stage. Too often, home owners plant too closely together, which means that in 5 years everything is overgrown and over-crowded. You should plant so that in 5-8 years, everything will look nicely proportioned. It may seem a bit skimpy the first few years, but you can compensate by filling in the spaces with annuals. You'll know when the time has come to discontinue the annuals.

4) Avoid straight lines. For example, you might want to lay out a garden hose on the other side of the sidewalk that leads to your front door and sculpt a large, free form bed that follows the sidewalk. I'd also lay out a garden hose to the left of your front door, as you're facing the front door, to create a free-form bed there. Using a garden hose will help you adjust it until you get the right sizes and shapes for the beds. I would create very generous beds, to reduce the amount of grass. That will give you ample space to create the feel you'd like in your beds.

5) Creating large beds in the front yard will give you much more depth to your landscape. This is where I'd put specimen trees and specimen shrubs -- the truly fine, extra special plants.....for example weeping a blue atlas cedar, or some other type of tree that is truly special, truly beautiful.

6) Think about these beds and how they'll look in spring, summer and autumn, so there will always be something going in each season of the year. This will ensure you plant a variety of plants to take advantage of Ohio's lovely springs and falls (I used to live in Dayton and Newark many, many years ago). Be sure your trees, shrubs and perennials address these 3 seasons.

7) As others have suggested, visit the gardening forum here...you'll get lots of help.

8) Contact reputable, professional landscapers and ask for plans and projected costs so you can choose the plan that is most appealing to you. There may a fee for this, but that's to ensure the landscaper is not wasting his time. Often, the fee is deducted from the total cost when you hire the landscaper. When you hire a landscaper, he should leave you with a fully laid out plan of your yard, everything they planted, as well as how to care for it. You can then re-consult this blueprint often, as you add other plants in future years.

9) Creating your new yard is a multi-year project. You are not going to get it done all at once, even if your funds are unlimited. You need time to see how things are going to develop and look....and figure out how much time you're willing to invest in maintaining and caring for your new yard.

10) This next suggestion should come naturally to you, as you've so delighted in redecorating your home. Think of your yard as a series of outdoor rooms. Lay out your beds with this thought in mind. Select an area of your yard where you can place a park bench to relax and enjoy a particular view, or feel, or shady day, and then select plants to place there to amplify that feeling; select another area of your yard where you'd like to entertain, sit with friends, have outdoor meals with your family, and determine how you'd like to decorate that with hardscape, plants, lighting, etc; select another "room" where you'd like to have a water feature, and select the planting decorations you'd place there....

11) Finally, remember outdoor lighting. As you're working with a landscaper, be sure to ask about high quality, low-maintenance outdoor lighting. It can vary from up-lighting of specimen trees, to down-lighting from trees around your outdoor rooms that create the impression of moonlight (I have that throughout my back yard and just LOVE it!!). Lighting will bring your yard to life, and it can all be set on a timer, so you can control when it turns on and off each day.

Enjoy your chance to create outdoor rooms that everyone passing by your house will be able to visit and enjoy. Good luck!

• lindybarts
    16 years ago

Okay, I just did a new one before reading all of Beth's ideas, so I may make some adjustments but I love this simple plan. Just added the brick pavers to your existing sidewalk, plumped up the plants (Azalea, Berginia, Clementis, lavender) and added a Japanese Maple. Very doable!

P.S. I made the picture kind of big so you could see it better, hope it doesn't go off the screen. Also moved your adorable puppy up to the step...wouldn't want him to get mowed over! LOL

• lisa8192_2007
    Original Author
    16 years ago

Lindy-thank you! I love that picture. I was really wondering how adding pavers to the sidewalk would look and I really like it!!! that's gotta be so much less expensive! If I owned this software, I would never get anything else done..how fun! I'm going to show these pics to the landscaper coming tuesday for an estimate.

Beth-I can't thank you enough for the help and the kind word. I do know that time is my friend. I have come a long way in the past 10 months, although I know that the toughest part (court) hasn't even happened yet. I am going to print out these whole thread and I can't wait to see my yard transformed. I'm so excited for another project. Hey, it's probably cheaper than weekly therapy:)

• texanjana
    16 years ago

Lisa - You have gotten some wonderful suggestions here. I just wanted to say that you have a great attitude, and you will get through this difficult time. I have faced some very difficult times in my life, things I never dreamed would happen to "a nice girl like me." Through the grace of God, wonderful friends and family members, an incredible therapist, and wonderful support groups, I am healing and you will too. I wish you and your children all the best.

Jana

• lisa8192_2007
    Original Author
    16 years ago

Jana-thank you so much for your message. Nothing like your life changing on a dime. We were out on a date when he told me he was leaving. I just didn't see it coming. Never thought I would be one of those women who didn't see it. But, i guess we see what we want to see! Now, I want to dive into working on the outside of my house and using everyone's incredible suggestions. I can't wait to see the changes and know that I got to do it 'my way'!!