SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
jluedemann

Pool Remodel - Houston, Oak Forest

jluedemann
14 years ago

Hello,

We are just about to start a pool remodel in the Oak Forest neighborhood of Houston, Texas. I've been exploring this forum for ideas and photos of of our options and figured I'd start my own post to get any last minute recommendations.

The pool (no spa) is probably 10-15 years old and is in need of resurfacing. The house was a flip and the sellers were up front that the pool needed more work. They acid washed and used pool paint on the plaster prior to selling but let us know that it was just a temporary, aesthetic fix.

So, two years later a lot of the pool paint is chipping off and we just had a baby so in anticipation of having kids running around more often, we also want to get it fenced off from the rest of the yard.

Here's a picture from last year to give you an idea of the layout.

{{!gwi}}From Pool Remodel

On the agenda right now is:

PebbleSheen - Prism Blue

New Tile - MasterTile Random Series

Sundek Decking and concrete seating area - Custom Scoreline or Masonry Effect

Update Coping - Either Sundek existing coping in contrasting color or replace with safety grip coping in contrasting color.

Fence - Mesh safety fence

Cedar Pergola over seating area

Pool Man out of Tomball will be doing the work (except for the pergola). I've put the deposit down but we still have to make our final decisions all the details.

I'm pretty comfortable with the Prism Blue and Random Tile but still struggling with getting the right color combination for the decking/coping and whether to replace the coping or just have it sprayed with Sundek. I would have liked to go with flagstone coping but I haven't been able to justify the upgrade price.

Comments (40)