SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
loves2read

Three paver mfgs for patio resurface--any feedback?

loves2read
11 years ago

The pavers most recommended for the remodel over existing concrete patio/lanai surface in FL house and for laying a new driveway surface are Tremron...they have plants in FL and apparently make a good product...
but the thinner pavers for the pool patio don't really appeal to me...
colors in the white base options look pretty chalky and muddled...

There is company in Ft Myers -- Tri Circle--that makes what looks like possible choices but have only seen them on web pages...
the two local showrooms I went to when I was in FL last week did not have samples of Tri Circle pavers...
probably because of the distance to Ft Myers there are plenty of other mfgs in local Sarasota area
but think they make a very dense paver which means durability to me...
one guy said he uses Tri Circle almost exclusively now and goes through more saw blades with that product than any other paver mfg...

I also saw samples of Sta-bil pavers which use more concrete than clay and thus have lighter color tones...

One guy who is giving me estimate and does lot of work in Sarasota area and has used Sta-bil pavers as well as Tremron and Artistic and others says that he is starting to think that Sta-bil products might meet the industry strength requirements but the product just might not have the durability to last for 20 yrs...

It is newer company and its products haven't seen test of time so far...
yet some stuff on line says that concrete pavers are MORE durable with fewer problems with cracking/chipping than brick pavers...and I know that these pavers are likely to be the coolest of the three...

We wouldn't use the Sta-bil for the driveway because I can get a Tremron product I like ok for that...don't care if that is gray vs white base either...

Any comments about cement vs brick pavers in general or the three product lines specifically?
I know I can get any of these three for the prices quoted in bids...
going to Artistic pavers like CoralLock is definitely more expensive and upgrading to Travertine might be reasonable...
two guys told me it was possible for less than 1000 to upgrade to Travertine but I haven't seen the choices for that upgrade...

It is a small pool area--about 900 sq ft--and I don't think we want to mix materials and use Travertine around pool itself where there is more sun all day AND pavers in areas with more shade...
PS--to the poster on another thread I started who said the way to go about this was to pick the pavers we wanted to use then find contractor to install--
I now agree that is definitely the way to go in doing this type of project
But since most pavers are made locally, we can't see products we would use in FL here in DFW area...
so lesson learned...

Comments (6)