SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
jerseygirl_1_gw

Guest Bedroom in Progress (long with pics)

jerseygirl_1
15 years ago

I wanted to share some pictures with you all of my guest bedroom which is currently in progress and 90% complete. I'm really happy with my choices. All the furnishings except for the lamps and the headboard are repurposed. The pictures are not showing up in true color for some reason. The room is really brighter than what is shown. Walls are BM Dove White. The ceiling and interior doors are RH Graphite (taupey gray).

Mirror is from my Mom's Bedroom and has been repainted high gloss black.

Bureau is a CL find. It came repainted. All I did was put a clear finish on it for protection and repainted the handles with chrome spray paint from Pep Boys.

The nighstands are from my Mom's bedroom. They were blue, now repainted black using oil-based paint from BM.

The headboard is made by me and mounted directly to the wall. I did put holes in the back of the board in case I decide to tuft it. The decorator I use feels I should leave it. He really liked what I have done. The fabric is actually like a tweed and really neat. Unfortunately, you can't tell from the pics. The bedding duvet and shams are light gray which is what prompted the colors for the room. I could not pass up a Macy's bargain.

They need to be pressed better.

The rug is from our past home and was in the living room.

The artwork if from my last home. I spray painted the frames with chrome paint. It's not hung yet because we are still deciding where to hang it. There are 2 pieces. The room is not that large so we are limited.

Left to do list: Make bedskirt with same material as headboard, hang pictures, clear out rest of junk, buy drapes, make accent pillow to start to bring in color (something with gray blues), buy accessories for bureau and night stand tops. Total out of pocket cost so far is about $200.00 for lamps and materials for the headboard.

Comments (13)