SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
daniellalell

whoever said pets bring joy to your life???

daniellalell
16 years ago

They OBVIOUSLY must have forgotten about the puppy days, lol.

I have German Shorthaired Pointer puppy. She is now almost 18 weeks old. I got her when she was almost 7 weeks. I have had a hard time house training her. Keeping up with her and 3 kids 11 and under is quite a battle. She is giving me problems with house training. Sometimes she will get the leash and bring it to me when she needs to go out, and sometimes she will even ring the bells hanging from the door knob as I am trying to teach her to do.

Sometimes she still has accidents..that was OK, till Xmas eve. NOW she just doesnt even try to let me know when she has to go, she just goes wherever she wants, whenever she wants. INCLUDING her crate! every morning I wake up to find she has pooped in her crate and what a mess..every morning is a complete scrub down of the dog and the crate.

Any clues why she would start doing this? Before it was just the accidental peepee in the crate, which I can handle...but this mess? It's like a baby diaper exploded in there and someone was finger painting with it!

Last night for example..I took her out at 9pm..last time for the night, which used to work well..SHe peed outside, refused to poop. I brought her in and after a few mins put her in her crate for the night..5 mins later she pooped in there! Then she did it again in the middle of the night! Now this morn, after yet another clean up, I took her out several times, fed her took her out again, and yet we came in and she immediately pooped by my daughter's closet.

No I havent changed her feeding schedule..nothing has changed in her diet. The only thing I can think of is that she is doing this on purpose for some reason. Some kind of get back for god knows what. I dont wanna hear dogs dont do that, cuz they do..smart lil bugger, lol. Heres an example of that..Almost 2 weeks ago she had her 16 week vet visit..that night I went to take her outside. I decided I had better go myself real quick first cuz its so cold out, I threw my coat on the kitchen floor and went in the bathroom, left the door open, and what do you think I saw? She was squatting and peeing on my coat looking right at me! Now tell me THAT wasnt a getback either for taking her to that mean place, lol..or for me thinking of my own bladder first.

SO, I need help on how to get her to stop doing this. I can understand the occasional accident, but this has to stop. I thought of blocking half her crate so she doesnt have room to poop, but I dont think she'll have enough room in there to turn around if I do that.

please help me, I'm at my wits end here, and need advice.

thank you,

Daniella

BTW This is NOT my first dog.

Comments (35)