SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
flamingo_in_ar

'Sealed for your protection'- HA! Pet peeve- what's yours?

FlamingO in AR
13 years ago

More like- sealed for your annoyance!

I'm trying to open a new container of coffee creamer. (Yeah, the "white death" stuff, as someone here so lovingly calls it!) The brand I buy uses a plastic shrink-wrapped sleeve for their label and info, not printed on the container, but a sleeve. A sleeve that spins freely when you try to take off the (oh, so tight) lid so you can demolish that stupid seal on the top, the one that is held down with gorilla glue and requires you to get out a tool or knife or something, because it doesn't have a pull tab. Why is the lid so tight? Because the stupid seal prevents it from turning the way it should, it's taking up space in there and jamming it.

I had to get a knife to cut off the plastic sleeve (leaving my container plain white and unmarked) so I could remove the tight lid and then cut open the thick, foil lined cardboard seal. Geez! Whoever designed this for the company needs a lesson in packaging.

Meanwhile, my coffee got cold while I'm trying to break into a container of coffee mate and then throwing away all the trash that generated. lol

I really hate that everything sold now has to be so well packaged to prevent tampering. Times like this, I long for the good old days when no one thought to poison Tylenol.

Now, I'd like to hear about your pet peeve du jour!

Comments (33)