SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
susan75023

Follow up to earlier post/adoption

susan75023
16 years ago

Hi, I promised I would post a follow up. I was thinking of adopting a golden (white?) lab I met at a Petsmart Store. She was very sad looking. You all gave me encouragement about bringing her home, etc. Since money is very tight at our house, we decided that we could not afford her $150 fee so then I was sad. I did decide, however, that I was finally ready to fall in love again and went back to the Pound Route. Saw a picture of an available dog that kind of touched me so we went to meet him. He was pretty uninterested in us but was friendly to the staff and was close to his maximum time there. There was something that attracted me to him despite the fact I only wanted a female. Long story short, we brought him home and he is a delight. Part Greyhound, I guess, and another hound of some kind but only medium sized. He is sharp as a tack, has obviously had attention and some training and I find myself wondering about his previous life. I think someone loved him. I hope they are not grieving. He is a devil to walk, however, and I read all the posts about training him. Very helpful. One question I have....he always acts like he is starving to death. We are allowing him all the food he wants which is quite a bit. Is this the right thing to do? He has been checked for worms but will do a vet visit to ensure he does not have parasites because he is very thin. Enough of me but just wanted to post that the story had a happy ending. Oh, we call him the Clearance Dog since his price was marked down. ha. I think we got a bargain!!!! His real name is Zaky - it was Zak but read where you should have a two syllabal name. ??

Comments (9)