SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
oldrustybucket

what would you have done....

oldrustybucket
16 years ago

I'm still wondering...here's the story.

I stopped @ Walgreen's on the way home from work last night at 11 or so..while browsing in the cleaning isle, I was approached by a stranger (well kempt female, lots of bling) asking if I lived in the neighborhood ("No") well anyway she said, I'm new here just moved from Nashville, and oh this is so embarrassing....da da dah, but my three year old has strep throat and i have a prescription for antibiotic that costs $85 and I need another $23 to buy it because if i don't get med i can't so to work tomorrow at JCP and my check will be deposited on Friday...but he needs med before then...on and on...then, again oh this is so embarrassing, I've never had to do this sort of thing before, but, it would cost my mom more than i need to wire me the money and she said i should try to get some help another way, so what I'm asking is could you help me by paying the difference so I can get med for my three year old?"

sorry, this was so scattered, but barely compares to my confusion and conversation with her....

I finally just told her..."I'm sorry but I don't know that much about this community...churches or organizations that could help you and i really don't have the money myself to

help because I too only work partime..." she then fumbled with her ringing cell phone and walked away red faced thanking me....

I now wander if i did the right thing...couldn't her mother have phoned in a valid debit or credit card to the pharmacist to pay the difference or the full amount of the script?

again what would you have done.....

Comments (38)