SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
newgardenelf

girl drama...what would you have done?

newgardenelf
15 years ago

This has already happened so I'm just processing and trying to decide what to do if it happens again.

DD13 has lots of friends, good grades, athelete, etc...she has a girl in her class that started saying she was going to beat her up because she was "flirting" with the boy that this girl likes. DD has been friends with boy since they were young and has no interest in him. DD has ignored her and so it escalated to girl calling DD a name daily which DD said didn't bother her and she wants to ignore. Ok but its been going on for months. Yesterday right before she was to start pitching at a softball game the girl and four other girls came over and started yelling it in front of everyone and asking DD if she knew what it meant...I couldn't stop myself...I walked over to the girls and called them over as they started to walk away...they tried to say that they weren't talking to her but I told them that she knew what the name meant and so did I and asked them why they couldn't find anything better to do than come to a softball game to start trouble. They were all pretty embarrassed as I know their parents well. I told them I knew they didn't start the name calling but that I was disappointed that they felt like they wanted to participate it in...especially in front of other kids and other parents.

Two of the girls left and the othe two came back with the girl who started it and sat behind home plate while DD pitched- she struck two girls out and caught a popup hit for a 1,2,3 inning- they must have been disappointed as they left after that one inning.

DD says she is half glad i said something and half fearing I made it worse. DH thinks that I should have let DD just keep ignoring it. A teacher who was at the field said that I did the right thing.....

I hate these situations because I feel there is no good outcome...what would you do or what have you done in the past?

Comments (21)

Sponsored
Wannemacher Interiors
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars26 Reviews
Customized Award-Winning Interior Design Solutions in Columbus, OH