SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
cat_mom

White paint question--x-post ; feedback needed asap

cat_mom
15 years ago

We are considering using Frostine for our walls (instead of using BM White 01 again) in the kitchen/LR/DR....; it is the "whitest" Affinity white.

If you've used it, how does it "read" (white? off?)? It appears to be identical in intensity (brightness) to the 01, but warmer, which I might want (01 is a bit more stark white perhaps). I love my white walls, but since we're re-painting, thought I'd look at another white or two to see if I like either of them any better. We may end up deciding to stick with the 01, but we owe it to ourselves to at least consider another option.

The other color in contention is Chantilly Lace. The sample patches I painted appear much lighter/brighter in intensity than the other two whites; is it too much so when the entire room is painted with it (e.g. blindingly white)?

Please don't suggest any other whites. I know everyone has his/her faves, but I've narrowed my choices deliberately (and need to decide soon!).

Note: whichever white we choose, we will be using Aura paint in a matte finish on the walls and ceilings, and the same color in the Aura satin finish for the base moldings. All doors and door jambs are a light-stained oak.

Thanks!

Comments (33)