SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
newenglandsara2

Seeking input on kitchen lay-out :-)

newenglandsara2
10 years ago

Hi All,

We are expanding and renovating our kitchen/family room space, and we need to decide on the kitchen lay-out within this week! I will post photos of two options below, and I would love some input. The main challenge is that we want to fit a dining table in the kitchen space, but we don't want to sacrifice TOO much counter space (and we would still like to have some semblance of an island.) The dining space can't go into our family room space since we have a lot of furniture to fit in there.

OPTION 1: I really like the idea of a banquette and table near the windows, but it means less counter space than Option 2 and also a bathroom without a window. I welcome other ideas.

OPTION 2: We get more counter space and a window in our bathroom in this scenario, but the banquette ends up pressed against the island. I am worried that this might feel awkward and that the eating would be right in the center of prep space/away from the windows.

i welcome any thoughts on how we might keep the eating separate from the island while still maintaining enough counter space. We don't want to go with only island seating since the high stools would be hard for our young kids (and my husband has knee issues.)

I will post images of the two scenarios. The first image is of the banquette near the window. I might need to post the second image in a follow-up.

Thanks in advance!

Sara

Comments (11)