SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
greenbeetle

Seeking input on kitchen redesign

greenbeetle
6 years ago

Hi GW'ers!

I'm seeking input into this design. 4-person family with young kids, one cook. Below is a drawing of our current layout and the plan that's not quite to scale. We're removing the wall between the DR and kitchen to open it up and will extend the countertop and peninsula down to have more work space and breakfast bar. We're also closing off the center hall and relocating the coat closet and will sink the fridge and upper/lower cabs & mw into that space.

Pantry cabs seem like they're a hike, but I don't like pull-out pantry cabs and this is the only space I think I can put shallow cabinets. It's not a huge kitchen, so I don't think it will be much of a problem.

Uppers will be to the left of the sink only, including an easy-reach corner cab. We'll have a couple open upper shelves to the right of the sink to avoid the "cabinet in your face" situation for anyone sitting at the wall-end of the peninsula.

A friend mentioned we might consider moving the doorway to the family room down a couple feet to avoid the seating at the end of the peninsula blocking the way of traffic. Does it look like this might be necessary?

Any thoughts or advice on this or any other part of this design is welcome. Thanks!

Comments (9)

Sponsored
Kuhns Contracting, Inc.
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars26 Reviews
Central Ohio's Trusted Home Remodeler Specializing in Kitchens & Baths