SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
dcarch7

Only 364 Days Left Until The Next One ---- ( Pix heavy!!!)

Christmas is too much. I am glad the next one is 364 days away.

Cooking for a party is a big labor deal. It doesn't matter how efficient you are. It's a good thing that two of the main dishes 12-lb rib roast and a duck both required no attention because of the sous vide method, and many of the other dishes were prepared ahead of time.

Still, there was no time to take pictures of all the food. I apologize for the lousy cell phone shots. Appetizers were not shown, desserts were not shown.

While the Rib Roast and the Crispy Roasted duck were spectacular, but guess what, they were not the stars of the show.

I decided to make latkes, when you think latkes you think potatoes. My latkes were Mushroom and wild Rice Latkes. There are no rules that say Latkes have to be potatoes. Well, that turned out to be the star of the dinner. Everyone wanted more. I had to make some more in the middle of the dinner and was asked to make even more for the guests to take some home.

Thank you Teresa for the Wild Rice. The Christmas dinner was make more enjoyable with the Wild Rice.

Also, Fresh (live swimming) tilapia filet, chestnut stuffing, Kabucha sqush soup, beet fennel salad, Japanese Okinawa sweet potatoes, mussels, ---- and a few more.

Happy Hanukahs, Merry Christmas and Happy New year to all.

dcarch

{{!gwi}}

Comments (15)