SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
juliet3_gw

Need Recs for Containers for Freezing Spaghetti Sauce

juliet3
13 years ago

Background: I just made some delicious meatballs and spaghetti. But the recipe is for a huge amount, likely 3 or 4 additional dinners for me and my SO. I could have cut down the recipe, but since it takes several hours to put together, I thought it'd be worth my while to make the entire recipe and freeze most of it. I plan to freeze it in portions for two, so that I can defrost a container after a hard day of work when I don't feel like cooking, or on a snowy frigid day when I don't want to venture out.

So, can someone recommend good freezer containers? Others I have get warped easily, or items get freezer burn, or the containers stain pretty badly from the sauce. I actually can live with the staining, that's not such a big deal. But the freezer burn and warping I really want to avoid. I have the Glad containers I bought in the supermarket, but they are awfully thin and seem better suited to short-term fridge storage. What brands/names should I buy specifically for freezing things? And, are any of them BPA-free, or is that asking too much? TIA!

Comments (11)