2 small bananas

1 c. flour

1/2 t. baking powder

1/2 t. soda

1/4 t. salt

Beat eggs, sugar and bananas until fluffy:

Sift the flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt together

Add to egg mixture and mix well.

Line jellyroll pan with parchment or waxed paper and grease sides of pan. Spread mixture out evenly and bake at 375 for 12-14 mins. Sprinkle powdered sugar over and roll up to cool, and then fill with whipped filling of:

8 oz. cream cheese

3 T. milk

1 T. vanilla

1/4 c. powdered sugar

Combine all ingredients in mixing bowl and mix well.

Spread on cake and re-roll. I had enough filling to frost the outside of the cake roll too.

There's the recipe as I found it. But I made a different filling. I made an filling that I learned many years ago from my DGM. It's best I just describe it. One of those recipes that you never write down as quantities vary depending on the amount you need. So my it's not exact. White filling/frosting Combine 1/4 C flour with 3/4 C milk in a small saucepan. Cook stirring constantly until thick and forms a ball. Cool to room temperature. In mixer bowl combine the cooled milk mixture and an equal amount of shortening (can use room temp butter, but I really prefer the shortening for this), a dash of salt and a tsp of vanilla. Beat well. Gradually add up to 2 C powered sugar, depending on the sweetness you prefer. Best if not overly sweet. I think this is similar to the recipe that I've seen on some Red Velvet Cake recipes that include the frosting....I dunno...I just learned it about 40 yrs ago from my granny. Nancy

Comments (3)