SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
buy1soon

My bread machine died....booohooo

Terri_PacNW
15 years ago

Well actually it didn't die..but the pan did...It's been slightly warped and the gasket was starting to show through where the paddle connects for some time..but it finally came through..and the dough I was making yesterday when checked at the beginning of the cycle had "machine" oil all over it...GAG!

I tossed the dough out...and mourned the loss..looked online for a new pan...found one on ebay...for like 18.99 PLUS 10.99 shipping.(I hate over priced shipping!!!!)

So I'm not sure I'm going to replace it..since I only used to mix and rise dough..but I used atleast 3-5 times a month...So today I made the dough I was trying to make lastnight in the KA..it's rising now, and another bread from the same book, that I'll shape into "kaiser" size rolls for dinner tonight.

I loved the fact that I could put the ingredients in my bread machine and 1:35 minutes later, pull out shape, rise and bake....Now I have to spend a bit more hands on time with it..but it wasn't to bad...I had two doughs done in 30 minutes. That included washing paddle, hook and bowl inbetween.

The big test is my english muffin dough in the KA...Which will have to happen early in the week....

Here is a link that might be useful: This is the book I'm using..I'll be buying it, I'm using a library copy

Comments (9)