SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
buzzz_gw

home reverse osmosis system

buzzz
15 years ago

I can't figure this out. I have a Culligan home reverse osmosis system with 4 filters, a membrane filter, carbon filter a particulate filter and a small polishing(carbon filter) and a 2 gallon tank. I replaced all the filters aside of the membrane 8 months ago as just part of the normal maintenance. All ran fine and now only 8 months later there is hardly any pressure and very little water accumulates in the tank. I have replaced the R.O. membrane as it was the original, 9 years old, and things seem to work a bit better but still not much water accumulates in the tank after 12 hours, maybe 3 quarts. The tank is only 2 years old and I checked it to make sure it had about 8 lbs of pressure when empty. There does not seem to be any kind of leak at the tank or anywhere else. How do I find out what is causing this. We live in southern ontario, Canada and the R.O. is connected to soft water so the filters typically last a long time. Any suggestions on where to start looking would be very appreciated. Buzzz

Comments (2)