SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
doucanoe

Chocolate for candy coating.....

doucanoe
11 years ago

I have about 9 dozen eggnog truffles chilling before I dip them in candy coating. Recipe calls for vanilla but I want to do half of them in chocolate. Can I use chocolate chips and what would I need to add to use them for this purpose?

Here's the recipe I am using:

Eggnog Truffles
Source: Tasty Kitchen-submitted by Sugary Sweets

Prep Time 4 Hours
Cook Time Servings 36 Difficulty Easy
Ingredients
2 cups Granulated Sugar
3/4 cup Eggnog
1/2 cup Unsalted Butter
1 teaspoon Rum Flavoring
1 teaspoon Ground Nutmeg, Plus 1 Tablespoon For Garnish
1 cup Marshmallow Cream (fluff)
3 cups White Chocolate Morsels
2 packages (16 Oz. Size) Vanilla Candy Coating

In a large pot, bring sugar, eggnog and butter to a boil. Boil for 2 minutes (rolling boil). Remove from heat and mix in rum flavoring and 1 teaspoon nutmeg.

Pour mixture into a mixing bowl (or use an immersion blender). Add in marshmallow cream and white chocolate morsels. Blend until completely melted and incorporated (about 1 1/2-2 minutes). Pour into a baking sheet lined with parchment paper. Refrigerate for 1-2 hours.

When set, remove by lifting parchment out of the pan and lay on a cutting board. Cut into bite size pieces. Roll each piece into a ball and return to the cookie sheet. When all truffles have been rolled, put in the freezer for 1 hour.

Melt vanilla candy coating (according to package directions) and put in a deep glass or bowl. Using a toothpick, dip each truffle into melted chocolate, tapping the excess off. Set onto parchment-lined cookie sheet. Immediately sprinkle with a tiny pinch of nutmeg. Repeat for remaining truffles. Allow to set about half an hour in the refrigerator.

Serve cold and enjoy!

Linda

Comments (3)

Sponsored
Creating Thoughtful, Livable Spaces For You in Franklin County