SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
lov2garden

Keeping candy coatings melted

lov2garden
16 years ago

I love to use candy coatings melted in the microwave in the plastic squeeze bottles with tips (also called candy mold painters) for decorating gingerbread houses, cookies, etc.

Has anyone figured out how to keep the coatings melted in the squueze bottles? I get really tired of jumping up and running to the microwave to remelting the coatings every several minutes.

It's hard to come up with a way to keep the bottles evenly heated without overheating them and having the coatings become unusable or letting parts of the bottles cool and harden. I've tried immersing them in hot water in a crock pot, standing them on a rack over a warming tray, etc. Many of the ways I've tried keep only the bottom part of the bottles melted while the top parts cool off and harden. Most of the ways that are suggested only work for coating that are being used in bowls, not squeeze bottles.

It would be so great to keep squeeze bottles of different colors warm. I am very open to knowing what others have done that works as well as suggestions.

Ho-ho-ho to all!

Comments (6)