SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
kaffar

90 degree long radius bend in 1' rigid copper?

kaffar
17 years ago

I have been reviewing many excellent post about bending copper pipe for water supply and was looking for addition information (help more like it).

Curious if it is up to code to 'site' bend a long 90 degree radius in an 1 inch, 10 foot piece of rigid type L copper (which we can locally pick up). I have read this will reduce it's strength and could cause issues.

Our reason behind this is to relocate an eight foot section of copper pipe under a concrete slab in the Kitchen. The existing pipe was 1 inch type L rolled copper connected to the output of our water heater. This pipe supplies the rest of the house as well by connecting under a 'bar' sink in the middle of the house. (Total run is 60 feet from Water heater to, two showers).

or, would it be best to reduce this section of pipe to 3/4 inch type L rolled copper which might be better suited for this type of install (which we can pick up locally)? We are concerned our water pressure might be reduced, but if I look at it correctly we shouldn't notice a 'weak' shower when someone has the Kitchen sink going.

Pardon the length of this post and appreciate any thoughts to our odd question.

Comments (4)