SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
marknmt

Please warn me about disconnecting gas, etc ...

marknmt
16 years ago

In about 10 days I am to remove an industrial gas-fired pan washer (LVO brand, used in a bakery) and would appreciate advice, warnings, better-be-carefuls from experienced people.

It appears to be straightforward: turn off the gas, electric, and water and separate the lines at the unions, disconnect the electric at the interior box. Everything has been professionally installed and maintained since the unit was installed about 21 years ago. It looks like a very quick and simple deal.

But then I imagine things like the gas failing to shut off completely or the copper water line twisting instead of loosening properly, or there being a capacitor that holds power and gives me a jolt ... you get the idea.

Professionals will be installing the new one, and I want to be sure that I don't cause them any problems. I get to do this in hopes of saving the company a few bucks and in return I get salvage of the washer (stockpiling the nearly new motor, pump and gas burner for replacement parts). Since it's all stainless, brass, bronze, and copper I might make wages in the deal. We'll see.

Should mention it is a two-phase circuit, draws 54 amps! Gas line must be 2" OD and water supply is 3/4" copper

So your advice and "Worse case scenarios" are welcome. I appreciate anyone who can share their wisdom.

Best regards,

Mark

Comments (10)