SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
okiedawn1

And The Heat Drags On....Warnings, Advisories, Etc.

13 years ago

You know, the NWS could just issue one big blanket Heat Advisory/Excessive Heat Warning each Sunday for the rest of the week because we all know it is hot.

The current Excessive Heat Warning for the NE OK area is in effect through Tuesday and the Heat Advisories for most of the rest of the state are in effect through Monday evening. I expect all of them likely will be extended throughout the rest of the week or will be replaced by new advisories, watches and warnings.

Please remember that the long-term effect of the heat is cumulative and protect your pets, animals and family members accordingly.

I worked in the garden for two hours very early today...going out just at sunrise...and it was a miserable experience.

I'll feeling nostalgic for those lovely snowey days we had back in the winter. Wouldn't some cold wind and snow feel really nice today?

As usual, the advisories, watches and warnings can be seen on the linked webpage of the NWS. Really, though, we can cut through all the official NWS language and say it simply: It is dangerously hot.

Dawn

Here is a link that might be useful: NWS Norman Office Webpage

Comments (8)