SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
weedyacres

Need a wow foyer

weedyacres
12 years ago

I've posted a number of other threads soliciting help staging my house, but thought I'd peel off a separate one for the foyer, since I'm not sure how many people are still paying attention to the one on the downstairs. I need some specific help coming up with something that makes it say "wow, I want to see more."

Here's the view when you walk in the front door. I want to do something with that wall/corner to the left front.

As I browse around, read other threads, google for foyer photos, etc., I'm kind of leaning towards a sofa table with art over it, either a tall vase or plant on one side, and the rest of the table open to leave brochures for potential buyers. Then perhaps a chair to one side.

Art ideas include fabric stretched over a frame, or this one, using scrapbook paper (I'd choose other paper, of course, that was more in line with the vibe of the house):

Of course I've been watching CL for a month to try and find in inexpensive or repurpose-able buffet or table without much luck. :-( And I've used up every last chair I own in the other 4000 sf of the house. But I'll keep looking...thinking of visiting all the as-is sections of furniture stores this weekend.

Feedback or other ideas?

Comments (65)