SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
webuser_15197943

Focus:Lower Level needs “WOW”

joe blo
2 years ago

Goals:
Make the separate function “rooms” of the somewhat open space more cohesive
Add (or subtract) furniture, rugs, lighting and wall decor to improve the look of the “rooms”
Some Questions:
What color to paint the current red wall?
What color/style end tables in the two seating areas?
Coffee table ideas for the room with the brown sofas?
Lighting suggestions ?
Should I put something from ceiling to bar top to close off the movie room when we are watching- is there something that could go up and down?
Can I keep the green (curtains, some walls) (which I like)?
Can I add a green lamp on an end table in that room?
Would matching, solid area rugs in the main spaces help to tie it all together and what color would you get?
Makeshift work-from-home area needs alot of help- how to arrange the furniture, rug suggestions, start over?
What decorating style do you think predominates and where is it not consistent?
How can I make the whole area work together?
What can I do to get some “Wow” factor in the space?

This level is a walk out basement. When you go down the steps you face the bar area. To the right is a room that we use as a quasi theater/ movie night space. To the left (and then tucked in with another left)as you come down the stairs is a sitting area with the brown sofas with sliders to a patio. To the left off the stairs is another space where we put a desk and large cabinet housing printers, etc. We originally thought this would be needed for a couple months, but we are in year 2.
Past that work area it is dead space. We have 2 refrigerators and some old furniture and junk. It is an eyesore.
My husband is an avid outdoorsman. He put up the dear heads in his work area. I had an idea that I could somehow rearrange the brown furniture in the space where it is, freeing up the wall where the sofa now sits. I would put the fireplace on that wall. Then I would convert the room to a lodge feel and hang the deer on the wall so they weren’t so “out there” and they made sense in their space. I couldn’t get the sofas to work any other way, though.

Generally, I like traditional, modern and some beachy interior styles. I am not much into rustic or farmhouse. We live in a water based community.

I am very open to ideas and comments. I am terrible at decorating. The couches stay, as does the fireplace Tv stand and the TVs.

Thanks so much!

Comments (3)