SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
natureperson_gw

This foyer needs help. Please?

natureperson
10 years ago

I live in a 3-story townhouse, and this foyer has been difficult to decorate. Can you help please?

1) As you walk in the front door, there is one wall on the right that goes very high, so I have chosen to leave that wall alone. However, the wall on the left is short and I thought maybe putting some artwork and possibly sconces there would work. I have some art on the wall currently. Could I put candle sconces on either side of the art, or else put a wooden ledge under the artwork and add some votives? I would use the luminara candles because I wouldn't have to worry about draft blowing out the candles, and the candles would look real.

2) I have a demilune table on the landing that I am hoping to make work. I will need to put maybe a buffet lamp and some art work or mirrors above it on the wall. What are your thoughts? I need to take into consideration the view from standing at the top of the stairs between living and dining areas.

3) The wall above with the capiz shell sculpture piece needs to go, but it always seems like a clock or something should go there rather than leaving it blank. Below that high wall with the sculpture are more stairs going down to the lower level.

4) I will again post pics of my dining and living areas to give you an idea of what the rest looks like. I also plan to replace the chandy above the front door that ties in better with the dining room chandy I have. Maybe something like this? http://www.zgallerie.com/p-12560-pinnacle-chandelier.aspx?cm_mmc=social--pinterest--pinit-_-Pinnacle-Chandelier

Any help is always much appreciated.

Comments (12)