SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
audreyrama

Need a new color recommendation for Foyer and Kitchen :(

audreyrama
8 years ago

Long Time lurker, I'd appreciate some opinions.

We just had our Living room, Kitchen, foyer/s and hallway upstairs painted a week ago.

The living Room is 50% tint Metropolitan. The accent Wall is Bm Wrought Iron and the Kitchen and Foyer areas and hallway is BM Misty Gray.

We really wanted a neutral color for the entryway but didn't like it once it was done and given it a week and still it hasn't grown on us.

Even though I had swatched BM Misty Gray, apparently I didn't do it high enough with the vaulted walls and its showing up bluer than we like near the ceiling and too blah for us on the lower walls. It just seems cold and too 'white' overall but not a nice white. It doesn't make me happy to look at it but I can't explain why. We thought that maybe it was just because it was a big change from the sagey dusky green that was all over the doors, ceiling and trim before that t would just take some getting used to but its not working. The 'doors' where the colors transition are just not working for me.

All our trim,ceilings and doors were painted BM Chantilly lace.

I really need some suggestion on a new color possibly a neutral but I'm open to suggestions. Colors that I love in our bedrooms are BM Lemon Chiffon, BM Storm and CIL Exotic Bloom ( hot pink magenta). We get a lot of light in the foyers and hallway. not as much in the kitchen but maybe that's why the Misty Gray in the kitchen doesn't bother me much.

Colors that popped up when I first picked up chips were BM Lemon Chiffon again, or the 50% Metropolitan repeated or BM Mascarpone. My husband wants BM eternity but I think we have enough gray in the house! My husband is fighting me on the Lemon Chiffon as we already have it in our nursery but the color just glows and makes me happy in this house.

Does anyone have any suggestions? Any colors to recommend I swatch? Will I grow to tolerate even love it?

Stairway leading up. Misty Gray on walls.

Foyer 1 with Misty Gray walls and Chantilly Lace Door. Ignore the brass door hardware , its on the to do list.

Metropolitan on left around window frame , Misty gray around Door frame.

Misty Gray on lightswitch wall , wrought iron around fireplace and Metropolitan on main living area.

Comments (20)