SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
san__gw

ok--guess the cookbook author please...

san_
16 years ago

i just got off the phone with dad a little bit ago. i know i've talked about how difficult he is to buy for--doesn't want or need anything and no matter what you get him, there is a "but" that goes with it. unbelievably, we nailed it this year! who would have thought that a couple of sweater vests would not only fit properly but that he'd like the colors? i'd say that perhaps christmas has come early for us--it honestly is a big deal :)

during the course of the conversation, he said something i've never heard before--he said there were 2 things that he'd like! one was a hohner chromatic harmonica and that's easy enough. the other was a cookbook! i could hardly get pen and paper out fast enough to record this information! unfortunately, he couldn't remember who the author was but fortunately, i have some time to figure this out and i have you guys to help! he thinks the guy is sicilian and he LOVES to cook and dad sees him on tv sometimes! and that's where he started to get lost. michael chirarello? no--big guy. maybe 6' 2" or a little more and 250 #--big guy. does he wear his hair slicked back in a pony tail, perhaps? like nick stellino or mario betalli? no, no. BIG guy and he loves to cook. ok. that's all i know today. i asked him to write down the name the next time he sees him and he said he's done that but then it gets mixed in with other papers and gets tossed out. hmm. i've seen his place plenty of times and trust me when i say that in all likelihood, that scrap of paper is still there, somewhere... so--any guesses for me to run by pop before i speak with him next?

Comments (18)