SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
sandlapper_rose

new: fotess - july cookbook swap

sandlapper_rose
11 years ago

In order to participate in this swap, you must be a member of FOTESS which stands for Friends of the Earth Simple Swaps. If you are interested in finding out more about membership, contact me or Shirley.

Cookbook Swap - July

This month we hope you are harvesting a few things from your garden or have some fresh fruit or vegetables from an area garden or farm. So, the next step is cooking or preparing the food...

Yes, it's a cookbook swap! You will send a cookbook to your partner plus two other things. The cookbook can be new or gently used. If you purchase a new cookbook, do not feel like you have to spend a lot on it, you can select a small one, even one of the little seasonal ones that they usually have around the grocery store check out counter. Any style of recipes is fine. It does not have to be about fruits or vegetables.

The "Plus Part" is to send two other things:

1. Some little item useful in the kitchen that comes into play in preparing fruits or vegetables (just providing one example here - like a carrot or potato peeler, but you can be as creative as you like.) This does not have to be an expensive gadget, just share something you would like to receive.

2. Some little edible "goodie": This can be fudge or a candy bar, and if you bake it can be a few homemade cookies, or maybe some homemade jam, or if sweets are not your thing right now, it can be flavored popcorn and the recipe for it, or a recipe for salsa along with a small package of chips. If you send something homemade - cookies or otherwise - please send the recipe along with the item to your partner.

So, sign ups will continue until July 6th.

Mail your package by July 16th.

I hope everyone has fun with this one and if there are any questions, please ask me.

You can certainly post here to tell us about your garden or anything you would like to share with group. I am having outpatient surgery on the 9th so if I do not check postings for a few days right around then, don't worry. I'll be back online.

Jeanne

Comments (136)

• flowergirl34
    11 years ago
    last modified: 9 years ago

Hey everyone! I posted on Friday...and now its gone?
    That ROS is beautiful! I wish I could get them to flower like that. They usually last one year, till the deer get them.

Billy's 4th BDay party was yesterday :)It was almost 90, but with the tent and the pool we had a great time. He now officially has more toys than any 1 kid needs, lol! :)

And I'm going to give that ribs crockpot recipe a try...that sounds yummy! :)

It's raining out this morning, FINALLY! It's only suppose to last a few hours and then get really muggy, but beggars can't be choosers.

Have a great Sunday!

• smitties
    11 years ago

I was out watering and came across this flower which I am sure is a rudbeckia but not sure what variety. Does anyone know what I am growing? I love it.

Heidi, I am heading to the post office this afternoon to get a weight and will print off a label here at home. That means it will be mailed in the morning. Finally.

Margo

• Related Discussions

new: fotess may swap - mother's day

Q

Comments (71)
    Many on your list are right, Jayeanne, but not all so we are still playing the game! I'm adding 2 letters today "C" and "Y." _ l o r _ n c _ , South Carolina _ d n _ , Kansas _ _ _ l _ _ , Louisiana C _ _ r l o t t _ , North Carolina G _ n _ _ _ , New York _ _ _ _ s o n , West Virginia C _ l _ n _ , Ohio _ l _ c _ , Texas J _ _ n , Nevada L _ _ r _ l , Montana _ s _ l _ y, Michigan _ l _ _ _ n d _ _ _ , Minnesota L_ _ r _ l , Delaware L _ _ , New Hampshire _ _ t _ _ n y , Connecticut And so sorry to all, I forgot to include an "L" in the name for Ohio when I added the "L's". It's in there now. Jayeanne, I hope you feel better soon and hopefully the doctor will think everything is healing fine. If it's a spider bite, those are scary! For our swap: Vina and Jayanne will send to each other. (Jayeanne has received and has mailed to Vina.) Heidi and Katie will send to each other. (Both have received.) Jeanne will send to Annie. (Annie has received.) Annie will send to Janine. (Janine has received.) Janine will send to Jeanne. (Jeanne has received.) Have a great day! Jeanne
    ...See More

new: nov. fotess swap: harvest wishbones

Q

Comments (62)
    Whew! I'm back! Got in late Monday night, and had to drive home from MEM to where we live in MS, adding another 3 hrs to the trip home. Now its back to crazy at work. I leave before daylight and get home after dark, so I haven't seen my plants or flowerbeds in the daylight since Nov. 17. Have to go out by flashlight to ask the plants what happened while we were gone. LOL It was a great visit with family and friends in AZ, as usual. Its always fun out there. Went to one of my favorite places to visit in Tucson: the Arizona Sonoran Desert Museum. If any of you ever make it out to Tucson, it is not to be missed! I suspect that Dianne's package was waiting for me when we got home Monday, but did not make it to the mailbox until Tuesday. She sent so much great stuff! I think we are 2 peas in a pod when it comes to reading material :) She sent: Country Living magazine - American Autumn issue from Nov. 1998 a vanilla scented bath fizzer - ahhhhhhhhhhhh! A whole pile of coupons - I'm a major coupon lover! So many recipes she clipped. These are so great! Crystal Light Mojito drink mix - looking forward to trying this. It's a new flavor for us. A lovely friendship card with an aster on it And WOW, Look at the seeds: Jackson Wonder lima beans Taylor cranberry bean Spaghetti squash Am. Persimmon Nasturtium Scarlet Gleam Nasturtium Cherry Rose (dwarf) Nasturtium Dwarf Alaska Sunflower Mammoth Russian Brown & Yellow sunflower Scuppernog (white) grape seeds Asclepias syriaca Rudbeckia mix bronze/orange/yellow Dianne, thank you so much for such a wonderful and generous package! And Jeanne, thanks so much for hosting. BTW, how is the horse search going? Both my husband and I grew up with horses in our lives. Both of our parents still have horses, although they have both had losses this year. Last month his parents lost one of their favorites, a 29 yr old, much loved and prized champion Morgan stallion. My father still has the QH mare I used to barrel race on. She is almost 33! Katie
    ...See More

FOTESS July swap: Wicked Plants

Q

Comments (179)
    Evening All! Well, Katie, I have to tell you that I tried the Hawaiian Current tomatoes today and they were quite tasty! Just a little sweet. However, I had to remove one of the plants - I had noticed last night that something was eating the leaves, and discovered what it was tonight. Yes, it was Manduca Goinguemaculata! Good Grief! A tomato hookworm, 3, to be exact. I pulled them off and drowned them. Boy, they sure stripped that plant fast! Fortunately, it was the plant that wasn't fruiting, so I may get to eat more of the HCs. Strange experience! Ruth, I tend to get excited when I see a grave stone with "1700"s on it. They are rare, at least for me. Would love to see one where the person passed in the 1700s. Have a great night! Shirley!
    ...See More

JULY FOTESS SWAP – FUN WITH WORDS

Q

Comments (43)
    We had a short thunderstorm last evening. Hooray! No need to drag hoses around this morning. Here's POINT GAME Part 2 This one is based on our Bingo word bilingual, relating to two languages. The items numbered are colors in a foreign language. The items with letters are types of flowers. Your task is to match the numbers and letters so each pair is written in the same language. Each of the letters and numbers will be used only once in your answers. (I hope the same word is not used in more than one language, but I will check that in awarding points.) Send your guesses to me through Message or email. Simply post here on the thread that you sent answers so I will be sure to look for them. Example. If these were in English and #8 was “gold” and the only other English word on the list was h. “daylily”, you would give that as one answer: 8h. Send me all 7 guesses for #1-7. You are matching the items under numbers and under letters so they are written in the same language. The person(s) with the most answers right will get 5 points. For 2 extra points you can list which language each pair is. 2 more points if you correctly translate all the words into English. The last 2 parts are not required as part of the game --- just a bonus if you want to try for it --- and all 7 must be correct for you to get bonus points. Please send your answers to me by the end of the day Saturday. I'll announce the winner on Sunday. Once again, I hope this makes sense. I'm “creating” these games as I go along so I always wonder if my instructions make sense. czerwona blanc amarillo oranssi bílý flavo blau a. nelke b. gardénie c. lys d. tulppaani e. helianthus f. crisantemo g. róża Remember, this is the last day to send in your Bingo words if you are interested. Tomorrow is the last day to sign up for the swap. Enjoy! Jeanne
    ...See More
  • smitties
    11 years ago

By the way, the flower looks like it is two parts but that is all one flower. I love the uniqueness of the center.

• canyonwind
    11 years ago

I'm late, not really quite sure why I am running late, but I am.....to much goofing off outside I suppose!!! Sharon, I will get your package out in the next couple of days!

Jeanne, the crockpot ribs sound wonderful!!!!!!

Vina, congrats on the blue ribbon!!!!! Happy Birthday to Billy, the young man of the house.

Kiss Me Over The Garden Gate....I have tried and tried and tried to grow it without success. I am quite sure it is me and not bad seeds. I should probably try Wintersowing it.

Two nights ago, we had rain, a glorious downfall of water from above. Now that is unusual here in Southern California....rain in July. So nice!!!! AAAAHHHH, but now it is time to water again. I better get to it!

Happy Sunday to all!

Annie

• jaynine
    11 years ago

When I got home from a family picnic on Saturday my package from Vina was waiting for me. Thanks so much for everything! I haven't had a chance to peruse my new cookbook yet, but can't wait to do so. And how did you know that I love tea?! Thanks again Vina!
    Margo~I don't know which Rudbeckia you have, but I love it. It's so unique. I know they might not come true, but will you be collecting seeds to swap? (hint, hint)
    Still no rain here. We need is soooo badly.

• smitties
    11 years ago

Jaynine, I wouldn't mind sending you some seeds if they happened to produce. Send me an email with your address and I will send them once they are ready. If I don't jot it down now, I will forget for sure.

It is a pretty plant and not even sure where it came from. Could have been seeds I planted or an actual plant sent to me in trade. I just have to be better about recording things. I even bought a garden journal last year and nothing in it yet. I bought spoons to handcraft markers and only one has made it out to the garden so far. I have such grand plans and then don't find the time.

I bought postage online and then my printer is out of ink. With hubby out of town, have no idea where he buys our ink and if the printer is even out. We had a power failure the other day and we unplugged everything and now all that is coming out is blank paper. I called my daughter to try to print it out at her friends house before she heads for home. I hope she shows up with it or I am going to have to come up with some other plan. Hang in there with me Heidi.

Margo

• smitties
    11 years ago

I did it. My daughter brought home the print out and the box is going to go out in the morning. It has been one of those days for me today.

9405 5036 9930 0076 5060 23

Sorry for the delay Heidi. Please take the bubble wrap package on the top, (it has a note on it) and pop it in the freezer for about 15 minutes before you even attempt to open it. I am hoping it stays in air conditioning along the way but if it sits outside your door for any time, melt will happen. If it is put in the freezer, it should still be edible but the goodies will most probably be melted to each other. I thought about it after I made them but took the chance. Should still be yummy.

Margo

• sjc48
    11 years ago

Beth, your package is all packed and ready to head for the post office tomorrow, will post DC# when I get back!

Margo, beautiful rudbeckia!

Shirley!

• beth_b_kodiak
    11 years ago

Shirley, package may be there today. I bent (maybe stretched) the rules a bit. I'll explain after you have a looksee.
    Margo. love that rudbeckia. Are you saying it is not two layers of petals?
    More electrical problems with my camper. If this keeps up, I'll be glad when it's time to go home.

• sjc48
    11 years ago

Beth, I kind of, sorta, did the same thing! You'll understand when the package gets there!

Jeanne, hope all is going better for you!

Shirley!

• sandlapper_rose
    Original Author
    11 years ago

The packages are flying! I'll try to update the list this evening. I'm eager to hear about cookbooks, gadgets, and snacks. What I sent for a snack is iffy about hot weather, too, so we'll see how it goes. You're right, Margo, things can always be popped into the freezer.

The doctor called me back Friday evening and suggested a different order for how I do my eyedrops and to refrigerate one of them and use more of the over the counter natural tears type drops inbetween times for the presctipiton drops. Now I have about 40 minutes between each of the three kinds - so it's a watch the clock all day type of thing. Why don't they tell you these things to start with instead of waiting until your eye hurts for days and days? I complained about the stinging and burning last Tuesday and called the office the next day to say it was no better. The call to the doctor at his home on Friday evening finally got me on the right track. Anyway, apparently the srgery makes your eye dry, the prescription drops make your eye dry, and dry eyes are slow to heal. Soon I will be an authority on all of this.

Love the rudbeckia!

Jeanne

• sandlapper_rose
    Original Author
    11 years ago

I'm so sorry. It was Katie's birthday on Saturday and I totally forgot to post it here. A belated Happy Birthday, Katie. I hope you have a wonderful year!

Feeling a bit late...
    Jeanne

• jaynine
    11 years ago

Becky's package is FINALLY on it's way...DC#9405503699300077021761.

• sjc48
    11 years ago

Beth, the cookbook and some accessories are on the way!
    DC# 03121430000298456936

Your package was waiting on me when I got home, and it is simply GREAT!

Beth sent:
    An "Iowa - the place to cook" cookbook, which looks to have lots of yummy recipes;
    a July 2012 issue of "Taste of the South" magazine, with a red, white and blue trifle on the front that cools me down just looking at it!
    a Microfiber bar mop, I actually use these to dust with;
    a bag of M&Ms;
    an egg slicer!!! Mine broke, it was ancient, so this is a very welcome gadget!
    a baggie of celery seed which I use in several dishes/recipes and can also used in the recipe Beth sent which is, TA DA!! Pickled Eggs and Beets! I have wanted this recipe forever, and have never found one that uses cloves and cinnamon!
    Beth, excellent swap package! Thank You!!
    BTW, my kids loved the recipe you sent last year, the Cherry Chocolate bars, got a request for them when the kids come in a few weeks!
    Shirley!

• beth_b_kodiak
    11 years ago

Thanks Shirley. The guys at the ranch love those bars too and they couldn't be easier.
    The pickled egg and beets recipe is from a 1930's cookbook used by my Mom and Grandmother.
    Ok here is the stretch.... both Mom and Grandmother used to call eggs "hen fruit" and/or "Cackleberries". Anyone else ever heard that before?

• sjc48
    11 years ago

Beth, both my grandmothers used to call eggs "cackleberries"! Haven't thought of that in years!

And my MIL was the only one I've ever known to use both the cinnamon and cloves in her pickled eggs. My daughter has all her old recipes now, but that one wasn't in with the rest, so I really am glad you sent it! Wait til my boys find out! They've been reduced to eating the local bar's pickled eggs, which is chancy at best!

It looks like we're in for a storm - YEA!!!!
    Shirley!

• sjc48
    11 years ago

Happy Belated Birthday, Katie! Hope your day was great!
    Shirley!

• kchd
    11 years ago

Well I thought I had posted to this thread last night, but I guess it didn't go through? Hmmm

Thanks so much for the birthday wishes, ladies. It was a nice day spent with friends and my husband, who just got home from Wisconsin.

And guess what I found on my doorstep when I arrived home today? A box from Jeanne! My husband quizzingly asked, "What's this?" A surprise, I told him, from "the swap." He watched me carefully cut through the tape. Upon opening it, I discovered a big container of homemade candies, made with pretzels, pecans, and chocolate (made from rolos)! They survived the summer temps just fine! Next followed a very cute garden ornament, lovely card, a savory pineapple cookbooklet, and a fantastic Emeril cookbook were also inside. He looked at all the treats and gifts, and said, "Why is she so sweet to you?" hahahaha!

Thanks so much, Jeanne! What a fabulous package!! What a great one for my first swap, too! I have some of Emeril's cookware, but none of his books. Love his style of cooking. And I already picked out a pineapple sesame Cornish hen recipe I want to make soon. Half the box of candies are already gone, too. LOL!

Margo, that is a stunning rudbeckia. If you figure out what variety it is, please let us know because I'd like to see about finding some.

Ended up coming home from work and tilling up some fresh earth. I've got round 2 of summer squash, zucchini, and butternut squash plants I started from seed that we put in the ground. They should grow well into November.

Corrine, I made your quinoa recipe again tonight. This time my husband got to sample it. Yum!!, he says.

Katie

• kchd
    11 years ago

Oh! And I almost forgot: my kitchen tool is the coolest little gadget! A cutting tool for cutting anything from fruits, melons, cheese slices, dough, cookies, veggies - you name it! And the shape? A flower, or course! Perfect!

• smitties
    11 years ago

Shirley, did you get that storm? We need rain so bad. I am running the sprinkler for a couple hours every night moving it from garden to garden. I am using the hose out front to water the small trees and bushes.

That Rudbeckia is only one layer but looks like two. It is so neat looking. I am keeping it watered so I don't lose it.

I received my box today from Heidi. There wasn't one book but three. There is a Pasta cookbook which not only gives recipes but there are recipes to make pasta itself as well as stuffing pasta. Pasta meals are a favorite here. The next book is Cooking Healthy with a Man in Mind. Now Heidi, that one started quite a conversation at the table tonight when I opened the box. LOL My "man" hasn't seen it yet. The third is Pleasure Gardens which is a book meant to "inspire rather than instruct". Very nice. I love all three. Heidi also included a flowered kitchen towel, (who can't use a new towel for the kitchen?). There was also a glass that measures teaspoons, up to 30 and tablespoons, up to 10. I know this is going to get a lot of use.

Thank you Heidi for the great box. I hope yours gets there soon. I did drop it at the post office this morning.

Margo

• sjc48
    11 years ago

Sounds like a lot of great boxes! Another good swap idea from Jeanne!

Margo, no rain. It clouded up but as ever, passed on to the north. I waited until 8 to water, bummer, got all bit up!

It didn't reach 100 here today, sure felt like it was tho. We're going to the Toledo Zoo tomorrow, and it is supposed to be at least 100 down there. We're going to go early to try and beat most of the heat. We'll see how it goes. I'll bet the polar bears won't be very active!

Have a great day tomorrow!
    Shirley!

• flowergirl34
    11 years ago

Morning Everyone!

That Rudbeckia is gorgeous. The way it looks double is so interesting. Does it look like that in person too?

HAPPY BELATED BIRTHDAY KATIE! That sounded like a terrific box!

In fact they ALL sound like terrific boxes...and speaking of terrific boxes, I rec'd mine from Becky yesterday.

Becky, I am officially spoiled! with this box. :)

Becky sent me:
    ~2 Goose berry Patch Cookbooks. One for grilling and the other with Light and Easy Recipes. I've already looked through both, and with the heat we've been having I'm actually using both of them today!
    ~a PINK spatula! LOVE IT!!
    ~4 Pack of Dish towels. SO CUTE!
    ~AND...from her kitchen...4 homemade canned jars of lovliness!! Habanero' Gold Jam, Annie's Salsa (having this morning with my eggs), Grape Lime Jelly and SUPER YUMMY YUMMY (needed to say that twice!) Apple Pie Jam.
    As soon as they arrived I opened the Apple Pie Jam, just to try it. OH Holy Moly is that good!!!
    And best of all, Becky sent recipes for all of them so I can can them myself.

BIG HUGE THANKS TO BECKY!!! I loved everything!!!

Going to be in the 100's here today as well. No rain in sight for at least a week.
    Shirley, be careful at the zoo. The polar bears shouldn't be the only thing moving slower today :) I think we all will.

Stay cool!
    vina

• booberry85
    11 years ago

So glad the package arrived safely. It didn't have to go far, but I always feel I have to mummify glass in bubble wrap and zip baggies. Enjoy!

• xiangirl zone 4/5 Nebraska
    11 years ago

I'm so glad your box made it! When I saw that cookbook keeping your Man in Mind I remembered you had a few 'big kids' at home and that might be good. I just loved the garden book, too.
    I admit I didn't follow all the rules. I couldn't come up with a good idea for something to eat that wouldn't melt, dry out or get yucky so I put in the towel. I have more fun buying people towels...women don't buy those for themselves. My grandmother went to assisted living and she had a drawer full of new towels for "someday". Use the good towels, girls!
    Heidi

• canyonwind
    11 years ago

Sharon,

Your box is ready to go. I will send it on its way tonight or tomorrow....most likely tomorrow. I will post the DC # after I send.

Becky...LOL! No kidding..."mummify glass in bubble wrap and zip baggies"......

These boxes are full of variety!! Very cool!

Annie

• booberry85
    11 years ago

Whew! It's 101 toasty degrees today!!! We don't normally get this in the northeast. That apple pie jam works great as an ice cream topping too. Put some in a bowl, add a little water and microwave for 15 seconds or until desired consistency to put on ice cream.

• sandlapper_rose
    Original Author
    11 years ago

Definitely time for an update. So many great packages being sent and received!

Jeanne will exchange with Katie. Both have received.
    Shirley will exchange with Beth. Shirley has received.
    Annie will exchange with Sharon.
    Heidi will exchange with Margo. Margo has received.
    Becky will send to Vina. Becky sent.
    Vina will send to Janine. Vina received.
    Janine will send to Becky. Janine sent.

I hope I got all of this typed in correctly. I'll recheck it tomorrow.
    The timer just went off. Have to check my frozen pizza that is cooking in the oven. Well, you know what I am having for dinner!

Sorry about the hot temperatures for many. We actually got a few cooler days lately. Very much appreciated.

Jeanne

• sjc48
    11 years ago

Good Morning, thought you all might like to see a pic of Lucas, the baby Indian Elephant at the Toledo Zoo! We were there yesterday, and the heat was super bad, but this little guy made it worth it!
    Shirley!

• sjc48
    11 years ago

And this is Lucas and his Mom! He is just a little over a year old. The heat didn't bug him at all, he was busy frisking all over the enclosure! Really cute!

• booberry85
    11 years ago

Love the pictures of Momma & Baby, Jeanne!

I just received an awesome package from Janine! I love everything in it!

First off, she sent a cookbook "Recipes from Home, Union Connecticut." It's put together by their elementary school. I love local cookbooks like this!

Next she sent "Stor-it" reusable bags for storing fruits and veggies in. I'm an environmental consultant. Why didn't I know about these sooner?! I just went grocery shopping yesterday, so I'm sure they'll come in handy.

Next she sent me lots of seeds! All favorites too. Lots of zinnias, nasturtiums, rudbeckia and kale! Perfect

For the something edible, she sent something for the doggies as well as me! For the doggies Eukanuba Naturally Wild dog food (treats). They are going to LOVE you!

For me, a mix of different Stash teas. I love their teas.

Thank you so much Janine! It's the perfect package!

• jaynine
    11 years ago

Becky,
    I'm so glad your package arrived safely and that you liked it.
    This has been such a good swap...I really enjoyed it!
    Vina~I can see why your kids love those Nerds pops. They're addicting!

• canyonwind
    11 years ago

Sharon,

Your package went out today.

DC# 0312 0090 0002 0646 2775...flat rate priority

I would think you should receive on Friday or Saturday.

Jaynine, fantastic package from Becky!! Re-useable bags for fruits and vegetables...great idea!

Annie

• xiangirl zone 4/5 Nebraska
    11 years ago

Margo--your box came. What a glorious box of treasures!
    She sent:
    Fresh Fruit & Vegetables cook book. I'm eating a mix of garden veggies right now-cherry tomatoes, cukes, sugar snap peas (pods & all), purple carrots, carrots, green beans. I'll have lots of chances to use this. It's perfect for me. Thank you.
    purple teapot shaped tea bag coaster complete with teas: Chai, Pomegranite, Pomegranite Raspberry (can't wait to try these--there's another cold drink I like that has pomegranite in it so I'm excited) and orange caramel
    purse mate-holds your purse so you don't set it on the floor and she said she keeps one in her purse so wherever she is she can use it. Great idea.
    Double-sided spatula. My daughter the cook (12) said, "Oh, it's my dream come true!" She wanted to take possession of it. We agreed to keep it in the kitchen and she can use it. The other daughter, 16, doesn't cook. This week she asked me to show her how to make spaghetti so we were making it and she said, "Oh, where is that scepter, mom?" You mean the spatula? Yeah, that thing. She's very dramatic-loves speech, one-act, Greek and Roman gods, all of it. Just ask for the scepter!
    sticky notes which say, "From garden to table...from nature to home" for marking the best recipes. You were thinking ahead! Smart.
    For a goodie she sent Thin Mint Cookies which she made. I love these, but have never made them. (Recipe at bottom).
    AND she sent me seeds-all kinds of fun things I can't wait to plant and urge into germination. blackberry lily, echinacea pixie meadowbrite, sunflower lemon queen (the birds ate my seeds this year, even though I planted twice), yellow blanketflower (I LOVE blanketflower), gaillardia red plume, rudbeckia cordoba, rudbeckia denver daisy, fanfare gaillardia, rudbeckia wild golden glow, helianthus jade, pink poppy
    Thank you! Thank you!

Thin Mint Cookies
    Ingredients: Ritz crackers
    chocolate bark coating
    peppermint (candy) oil
    Melt approx. 10 squares of chocolate in small crock pot stirring as chocolate melts. If more cookies are wanted, use more squares in larger crock pot or use double boiler. Once all chocolate melts drop 1-2 drops, more if using larger amount of chocoate. Drop crackers one at a time using a fork to remove. Coat fully, bang off excess ligthly with creacer on fork. Place on waxed paper to dry. Now you have a cookie!

• beth_b_kodiak
    11 years ago

Wednesday, on my way to Baltimore I stopped at my daughter's to pick up my swap package from Shirley.
    This is perfect for my crew of popcorn lovers.
    A custom designed book of Popcorn recipes including treats like Hot mustard popcorn and and Brown Sugar lollipops made from popcorn.
    bags of microwave popcorn.
    serving boxes and a set of bowls and napkins all in a red and white theme.
    Shirley included Molly McButter, Hidden Valley Ranch Buttermilk dressing powder and a big jar of SeasonAll salt to spice it up a bit
    Shirley this is a yummy and fun combo especially now when it is too hot for a lot of cooking /baking.
    This has been a fun swap. Many thanks
    bethb

• sjc48
    11 years ago

Glad you liked the package, Beth! I couldn't find a lot of the spice mixes that were in the recipes, hopefully you will have better luck!

We had a good rain yesterday, and it's cloudy and overcast again today. YEA! We could still use some more rain!

Jeanne, are you doing any better, eyewise?

Have a great day, everyone!
    Shirley!

• sandlapper_rose
    Original Author
    11 years ago

I'm sorry I have been online to check the board more often. Heidi, I loved hearing about the scepter! LOL Sometimes it is a good word even if it's not the right one and I think it was a good word in her case.
    I will update our list really soon. The packages that are being received are all fabulous!
    As for my eye, I got up pretty disgusted with my lack of improvement today and called the doctor's office once again. This time they told me to stop using one of the prescription eye drops and to pick up an over the counter lubricating gel for my eye. After I bought that this afternoon, it's the best it has felt so far so maybe we are finally on the right track.
    Well, time for me to head up to bed. I have just gotten later and later on my bedtime which makes me later and later getting up in the morning.

Jeanne

• sandlapper_rose
    Original Author
    11 years ago

Updating the list for us:

Shirley will exchange with Beth. Both have received.
    Annie will exchange with Sharon. Annie sent.
    Heidi will exchange with Margo. Margo has received.
    Janine will send to Becky. Becky has received.

I hope I got this caught up correctly. If there are any errors let me know. This has been so much fun, I think we should repeat it one month next year! What do you think?

Jeanne

• sjc48
    11 years ago

That's a great idea, Jeanne! This is fun and easy, let's do it again!
    Shirley!

• smitties
    11 years ago

Jeanne, I agree. This was a good swap and we will have the cookbooks forever.

I wanted you to know that Heidi has received my box. I think you missed that post but I understand. Hosting is a lot of work and hard to keep up with.

Hope everyone is enjoying their weekend. I should have gardened as the weather is perfect but I slept terrible all night and just got up at 5 am which has resulted in a lazy day full of cat naps. Now off to work to cover for someone for three hours.

Margo

• sandlapper_rose
    Original Author
    11 years ago

Thanks, Margo!
    We are close to finishing up with this swap.
    We got a good bit of rain earlier and it is cooler than it has been. Hooray!

Shirley will exchange with Beth. Both have received.
    Annie will exchange with Sharon. Annie sent.
    Heidi will exchange with Margo. Both have received.
    Janine will send to Becky. Becky has received

Jeanne

• gmom2-6boys
    11 years ago

Annie your box has arrived at my house and is WONDERFUL!!!I'm so blessed. This was a never ending box. How did you get it all in. This is what she sent:
    2 cookbooks
    Homemade Vanilla
    Blackberry jam
    Ton of candy
    Knife
    Spatula
    I'm going to have fun going throu these books. The vanilla smells so good. THANK YOU!
    Your box is ready to go and will be in the mail on Monday or Tuesday.
    This was a good trade, Thanks Shirley.
    gmom

• sjc48
    11 years ago

Good Morning!
    I'm getting ready for a visit from my daughter, SIL and two granddaughters, so I might not be posting much in the next few days.
    Just wanted to tell Jeanne that this was, as always, a great swap, and thanks for hosting when you had so much else going on in your life!
    Back to the cleaning!
    Shirley!

• kchd
    11 years ago

Good morning, FOTESS-ers,
    Just dropping by to say how enjoyable this swap was. I think it is a great idea to re-visit this swap theme every year, especially during the heat of summer, or even the dead of winter.
    Thanks for hosting a great swap, Jeanne!

Katie

• sandlapper_rose
    Original Author
    11 years ago

I think everyone has received now. if that's wrong, let me know and I will check on the package that was to be sent.

I hope everyone is doing well. My eye is improving. Part of that may be that I could stop one of the presciption eyedrops and I am putting the other one in only twice a day now. I tried to get the doctor to postpone the surgery on my second eye, but he assures me that the first eye will be all well in two weeks when he does the second eye. Sure hope so!

Love this swap!
    Jeanne

• flowergirl34
    11 years ago

Jeanne, so glad you sound like your on the mend for the first eye, and wishing you nothing but good thoughts for your surgery with the second eye.

I agree this has been a terrific swap! :D
    vina

• sjc48
    11 years ago

Just stopped by to share some gardening news!
    My canadian milkvetch, wild senna, verbena hastata, verbena bonariensis, cleome, partridge pea and one of the blue sages are blooming! Yea!! These were all WSed. I am totally pleased! The milkvetch and the wild senna are 2nd year plants. The verbena hastata is a lovely little flower that looks like a miniature lavender ratibida!

Jeanne, best of luck with the 2nd eye surgery!
    Shirley!

• canyonwind
    11 years ago

Jeanne,

Sharon (GMOM) emailed me....my package is on its way. I will post after I receive.

Thanks again for a super swap....very fun! Cheers for the first eye!

Annie

• canyonwind
    11 years ago

Good Morning!

I opened Sharon's (GMOM)cookbook fun last night!!!!! Love it all Sharon!

*Several crochet and handmade pot holders....I think the ones with the birds are pot holders???? I will email you!
    *Gardening gloves
    *America's Country Inn Cookbook
    *Promise Yourself a Good Meal With Optimism Cookbook (Optimist Club)
    *Fresh Delights Fruits and Vegetables Cookbook
    *Tropical Blossoms Of The Caribbean...a little book just about specific Caribbean flowers...pics and descriptions!
    *Sweet and Salty Mix

Thanks so very much!!!!

Annie

• sandlapper_rose
    Original Author
    11 years ago

Excuse me for getting ahead of myself - LOL - now we are complete with all the July swaps sent and received.

Annie, it sounds like you received a wonderful swap package. Everyone did great this month.

Jeanne

• elliesfun
    11 years ago

I received my package from Faye today and "Oh what a package it was." She had made a beautiful card.
    Taste of Home recipe book for smoothies...love those
    A pot hanger
    A mini wind chime and several packages of seeds
    Mesa Gaillardia
    Cleusine Coracana Green Cat
    Echinacea double Decker
    Seastar sedum Pulchellum
    Heuchera - Paris
    Sedum "Frosty Morn"
    Morning Glory "Nil Kikyo-Zaki"
    Sedum Tricolor

Thank you so very much Faye. Aren't gardeners wonderful!

Ellie