SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
lpinkmountain

Vegetarian in search of meat advice

lpinkmountain
15 years ago

Ah the memories! I first found CF at Christmastime in a panic over having to cook a turkey for my family! Once again it's that time of year when I turn to you all for advice on holiday meals. I'm home in MI and my mom is recuperating from gall bladder surgery so I'm doing all the cooking. I don't like to cook meat but will do it to make everyone happy. My mom is not picky but needs low fat, milder food since she is healing and may have a touchy tummy. My dad only likes meat, potatoes and sweets and fatty foods! He is one of the pickiest eaters on the planet!

I'm making two holiday meals, one with a boneless pork loin, and one with a turkey breast. I have no idea how to make either one of them and make them yummy. I searched online and all the recipes seem weird to veggie me. Also--no onions, wine peppers or garlic for dad! Does anyone have any good T&T advice?

Also dad wants that sweet potato casserole kind of stuff, so can I just bake some sweet potatoes with a can of crushed pineapple and some brown sugar? Sorry, I'll do a lot of things for the love of family, but NO MARSHMALLOWS!

The rest I think I can handle.

Thanks tons for the advice/help.

Lpink

Comments (11)

Sponsored
Yellowlite
Average rating: 4.6 out of 5 stars7 Reviews
Chicago's Leading Clean Energy & Solar Panel Provider