SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
lizzywho

Water Softener/Existing Copper Problems

lizzywho
12 years ago

Our home was built in 1996. Have had numerous water leaks. Yesterday the plumber was out yet again. Suggested investing in a Water Softener. We have well water. Gave me a name to a Kinetico Dealer. He did a test. Did not elaborate much. Said hardness level was 26.5. TDS Level was 1700. His product could work wonders. Knee Jerk reaction was to buy! After sleeping on it I never impulse buy. I research everything to death. Started this morning.

I called Culligan. The Culligan Man was very helpful and made a recommendation. He also added that during the time my home was built some bad copper came out of Mexico and he has encountered other homes built in the area that have experienced similiar problems. He also added that he has customers with higher readings that do not have the leak problems that we have had. Both of the dealers explained that removing the hardness from the water should help my situation. The sodium levels would remain about the same with the exception of the drinking water treated by the undersink RO.

I guess my questions are: Will the softening process be helpful to my copper problem with the sodium # so high?

What other numbers do I need to know to get a handle on this problem?

Where do I start?!?

Comments (7)

Sponsored
NME Builders LLC
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars2 Reviews
Industry Leading Kitchen & Bath Remodelers in Franklin County, OH