SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
elisabeth_rose_gw

Our new puppy, Jack..........

14 years ago

I wanted to post a picture of him, but photo bucket has changed somehow, and I can't figure out for now, how to upload new pics.

Anyway, Jack has been with us a couple of weeks now. He is the sweetest little dog, but at the same time, it has been quite challenging! He is a year old, but that year has not been an easy one for the little guy, so we are basically starting from scratch. In the beginning he was very afraid of us, and flinched and ran when we reached out to him and tried to pet him. He peed and pooped whenever and where ever, and basically seemed afraid of everything and everyone. Now, a couple of weeks later, it is amazing how far he has come. He still isn't letting us know when he has to go out, but does go when we take him out most of the time, and seem to get the general idea of the thing. Lots of praise, and a piece of cheese, (his favorite treat) seems to help get the idea across.

He comes running now when we come in, greeting us and wanting to be petted. Last night DH was watching TV when Jack came and sat next to him. He was getting his usual back scratch, when he suddenly rolled over for a belly scratch. He looked soooo vulnerable and trusting at that moment, and we realized that he finally knows that we are his forever people. We love him, and I think Oliver would approve....

Elisabeth

Comments (4)