SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
phoggie_gw

I am so ready to get rid of STRESS!

phoggie
12 years ago

I was doing pretty well after settling down from DH's untimely death...and now it comes to selling this house.

I actually think this guy is "jerking" with me...you know the lonely old widow who wants to move back home. Now I don't want to offend anyone's occupation, but he honestly is a used car salesman....and has been here to see this house 5 times in the last 19 months it has been on the market.

I have spent the last three days in a turmoil...do I take a $50,000 reduction and move on or hold out for more?...I really do need the money to relocate and buy another home, but my son thinks this stress is taking its toll on my body and mind and I should take less just to move on with my life....how can I put a price tag on my health and well-being?

I was so physically ill yesterday that I emailed the realtor and told her that I needed time to visit with my children to see what they thought (because my mind is still so foggy)...didn't hear anything back from that email...hope they didn't decide it was over. On top of the offer reduction, they wanted me to "throw in" most of my furniture! I have tried to counter several ways, but the most they would come up is $10,000 and I have already come down almost $100,000.

What would you friends do if you were walking in my shoes?

Comments (20)