SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
talley_sue_nyc

I am actually getting rid of fabric!

talley_sue_nyc
18 years ago

hooray, hooray--I finally faced up to the reality that I am not going to sew anything. I can barely keep up w/ the mending (which is behind at the moment).

So, I decided to get rid of the fabric I bought years ago (well, not quite ALL of it; I decided I'm willing to keep about 4 small pieces and 2 large ones around still; but I'll be consolidating quite a bit).

I brought it in to work to put on the giveaway shelf; there are lots of crafty people here, and a couple of sewers. If nobody takes it, I think I'll throw it out.

I have a HUGE chunk of space freed up in my deep & high closet area, so I moved a few things around there, too. I'm so happy!

I learned a lot about clutter, w/ this fabric. I kept it for years because I *wanted* to be a sewer. Heck, I still want to. I liked sewing, I like planning garments. But I don't have time now. And I won't for several years. And when I do, well, then I'll go looking for what I can find. And in the meantime, I'll have storage space I can use more wisely.

I think that "wishful definition" of oneself is something to evaluate. And to either fulfill, or relinquish.

Comments (14)