SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
gingertn

Death in the family

gingertn
16 years ago

I would love for you guys to send your prayers and positive energy to my family. My youngest dsis lost her sweet daughter Reilly, one week ago today. We are beside ourselves w/ grief. She was only 1 year and 9 months old. My dsis took her to her ped on Monday and he told her it was croup (sp?). She took her back in on Tues b/c she didn't improve w/ the meds he gave her. Again he listened to her lungs and said they were "crystal clear" and sent her home again. Wed at 6:30 a.m. my dsis and my mom took her to the ER b/c her temp throughout the night had remained high and she wasn't waking up easily. The x-rays showed one lung full of fluid and infection had set in. It spread to her blood. They were going to airlift her to St. Louis, but they couldn't get her stable enough. They were trying to drain the fluid off, but her heart stopped a little after 11 and they tried to revive her for about half an hour to no avail. To top it off, my dsis is 7 months pregnant. She was very strong through the planning and service, she and her husband stayed home alone much of the time, while the rest of my family remained at mom and dad's which is just down the road. They came over a few times but mostly kept to themselves, which is understandable, but we're all so worried and it's hard to gage how they are doing. They left town day before yesterday, saying they just needed to get away. We've heard from them and they seem to be doing ok, but we can't help but wonder if it really hasn't hit them fully yet. It's so hard to understand why this has happened. It's so very sad and just unimaginable. Thank you all for your prayers.

ginger

Comments (78)