SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
oofasis

Can I get photoshop help for my backsplash?

oofasis
16 years ago

I posted this earlier in Kitchens and someone suggested getting photoshop help. That would be an enormous boon to me.

The tiles I'd like to see are in the first pic below. If I were to go with them, I'd install them horizontally.

I'm copying almost all of my OP for you, as I'd also love any feedback from this forum.

I know you all can relate to the creep of paralysis in decision-making. I seriously need your feedback in helping me select a backsplash.

I found some glass tiles that I truly love but I worry that they'll overpower my Carrara marble counters. On the other hand, I don't want to select tiles that will just wash out the beautiful marble, either.

Since the marble is white, I can't consider any of the gorgeous earth-toned tiles I've admired. And I really don't think I want to bring a "color" in the backsplash, either. I'm strongly attracted to the look of narrow, elongated rectangles.

I found these gray tiles combining a glossy and matte finish - in the photo they lose much of their transparency. I'd install them horizontally.

For perspective in the room, here's a photo taken last October -- before all SS appliances and gray slate floors were installed. (I'm ashamed to admit that I don't own a working camera. Last night my neighbor took the pix of the tiles for me.

Last question: On the window wall just outside of the photo on the left is a black cabinet with glass doors that comes down to the counter, with just a few inches more wall space than the right side of the window. If you were me, would you bring the backsplash tiles all the way up and over the window on that wall?

If you'd find it useful, I've linked to the original thread which also has pix of my floors and window treatments.

What do you think of my tile choices? Oh, please help - I can't stand this! Am I headed in the right direction?

Here is a link that might be useful: Cross-Post in Kitchens

Comments (2)