SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
staceyneil

huge thanks. final floor plan done!! help with cabinet tweaking??

Stacey Collins
15 years ago

Hello all. I am feeling so much more cheerful this morning!!! After 16 hours of intense work over the weekend, including a very depressing re-evaluation of our budget, which essentially halved what we thought we had to spend, we've finalized the scope of our reno.

I cannot begin to express my gratitude for you wonderful people on this forum. When we bought this house, the 4 family/friends architects all said they'd help, but in reality they have been too busy to give us much time. With the dwindling budget, it has been an incredibly frustrating process. But YOU LOVELY PEOPLE have been here throughout, and offering fantastic ideas, fresh viewpoints. WE'd never be here without your help, so I just want to say thanks again.

So, here's the schematic of the new layout of the first floor.

{{!gwi}}

And here's a sketch of the cabinet layout as I have it so far. I think (may be wrong) that it would be better to keep the island narrower (like the box up at the top of the page) but that decreases storage. Also note that there's be a 5' x 12" (or 18") reach-in pantry in the desk nook. I would really like to get the sink away from that stupid column (no, those columns cannot possibly be moved!) so that my view isn't blocked while working at the sink, but don't want it to crowd the range too much either.

Need to find places for these major items:

18" trash pullout (with drawer above for utensils)

30"+ 3-drawer unit for plates, bowls, utensils, linens

21"+ base cab with MW shelf and doors below

place for pots and pans (I don't think I want a hanging pot rack dominating the space.)

Another consideration is cost. Would rather minimize the expensive bits, like pull-outs, unless there's a really good reason for them!

have at it!!!

Comments (19)