SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
momo7_gw

Final Tweaks

momo7
11 years ago

Hi again,

I tried adding this to my old (from September) thread but it didn't work so I copied and pasted, layout will be next post.

I doubt anybody really remembers but last fall I was getting help with my kitchen plan for a new build, then I disappeared. Well, my DB passed away, which kind of flattened me. I just let the kitchen stay how it was at that point.

When we got blueprints back and started getting prices, we realized the "designer/draftperson/almost architect" had lost his mind, prices came in at $150,000 over budget. That was with us being the GC! But it turned out to be the same price using a builder?!? We hemmed and hawed about building but after sinking about $30,000 into this (driveway, clearing land, blueprints, permits) kind of felt unable to walk away. So here we are. Almost enough to make this girl get a job - almost.

Anyways, here it is. Thank you Rhome. We had to get our blueprints revised so I went with your suggestion even though I still felt it probably wasn't really going to happen but they're framing the second floor and I have three weeks to choose my kitchen contractor so it's starting to feel real.

Some questions - which side of sink would be best for dishwasher? Do you think cabinets in between fridge and freezer are okay? Or kind of cave-like? Two 9" pullouts? I could have three 36" drawers instead of three 30" drawers but it would muss up my symmetry. For the open shelves on either side of the range - what kind - open-open or the kind that look like an upper cabinet without doors? Should they go all the way to the corner?

Any other helpful advice is always appreciated.

Comments (2)