SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
chaplainkent_gw

Replacing Moen Posi-Temp Cartridge

chaplainkent
15 years ago

Greetings from the cooking forum. Besides the family cooking I do the plumbing and other household chores. My last project was to fix my leaking basement shower. This was a Moen Posi Temp single handle faucet. I broke off a cartridge remover trying to get the old one out and still wonder if there is an easier way to get it out than the brute force I had to apply. The cartridge was ruined by my many attempts with vice grips to pull it out so there was no way I was going to repair it with the kits available. I started searching for a new cartridge and even my favorite plumbing supply store did not carry them. I called Moen who informed me it was under warranty and sent it out to me at no charge! When I installed the new cartridge I dropped the pin which holds it in place behind the wall. This time my local supply store was able to help me and my son-in law came over to put the pin in since I have a shake which prevents me from doing those tiny things. The first thing he did was to tie a piece of dental floss around the top of the pin so if he dropped it he could simply pull it back up. What an great idea. If I had thought of that it would have saved me a trip to the store and a lot of time. So here's the tip to anyone trying to insert that tiny pin or clip use a length of dental floss tied to the end so you will not loose it.

Here is a link that might be useful: traveling and cooking with grandpa

Comment (1)