SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
momto4boys_gw

Kiddo's Cowboy bedroom needs some help :)...pics

momto4boys
16 years ago

Well, I got suckered into another dreaded "theme" bedroom, GASP! And to make it worse, they wanted WALLIES..ACK! LOL.

I'm in desperate need of opinions on painting two pieces of furniture. I have this bookcase that's sort of painted a dark red. It was in the room when it was my older boy's room (last wk we switched, and are too lazy to unbolt them from the wall) The shelves are a dark cherry, never painted. But it didn't matter, because we made it into a cabinet. The doors were getting weak, and WAY too heavy for the little boysm, so off they went. The outside is painted a barn red.

Now, I need to know what color to paint it. Go with the same color, even though it doesn't match the red in the bedding? It does, however match the star and the cheesey wallies :)

If I do that, I need to paint the armoire, too. (needs painting anyways)

I had wanted to paint them both white, because the room is so small. But, there's really no white in the bedding. But, I figured it match all the white trim, so maybe that'd be ok??

And I also really wanted to try do paint the armoire in a cow print. I'm sure I can't pull it off, lol. But my sister sent me a pic a few days ago (can't find it now) and it looked really fun and cute. White armoire, with black spots all over it. But, would the black not work in there without any other? Better brown dots? Better to leave well enough alone, considering I have NO skills in this dept?? :)

HELP! :)

here's our room. we just threw it all together yesterday, including tossing the bedding on, etc. Still not totally finished. The stuff on the shelves, ignore. The trophies aren't theirs, and the rest of the stuff was just picked up off the floor and thrown up there :)

Comments (14)