SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
ideamom_gw

I need help with my bedroom...pics enclosed.

ideamom
15 years ago

Ok, don't laugh!!! I know it's awful!! I was definitly in the matchy matchy phase. I'm so over it but need your help!

The door on the right leads to storage area. I am open to possibly taking the ceiling fan down and replacing with a pretty chandelier but will have to have a standing fan or something as the bedroom is on the 2nd floor and get hot in the summer.

As usual our bedroom has come last on the list. In 2008 we redecorated both of our daughter's bedroom as their birthday gift. Now mine & hubby's birthdays are coming up in March so would like to redo our bedroom. I need your eyes though to look at the space and give me ideas. The ceilings are low and slanted so I had one friend suggest that I paint the walls cream and scrape the acoustic ceiling off and paint the ceiling the aqua/teal color. What do you think about that?

Our bedroom has an attached sitting room that we use as an office. Here is a photo of a portion of the office so that you can see the colors we used.

The color scheme I would like is cream, tan/taupe and aqua/teal (like the color of the pillow on our bed and much like the color scheme on the following bed). I want it very tranquil, classy, with a bit of an beachy feel...I think more british colonial. We will definitly be buying new furniture so open to suggestions there as well.

You may have seen the bed I've been thinking about...

Comments (18)