SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
michaelmaxp

Toaster Oven update- Scam Alert!

michaelmaxp
16 years ago

A few of you shared opinions with me and others in a hunt for a better toaster oven to replace our fire starter Oster.

Well, I became interested in the infra red Panasonic that was mentioned by a couple folks. The problem that i ran into is it is out of production. Panasonic refers people to clearing type houses that sell liquidation stuff, etc.

After a ridiculous amount of searching, I found a relatively good price on a unopened box. I payed for the item and shipping via credit card and anticipated its soon delivery as the purchase was processed the same day.

As it turns, out I was scammed by a scam store front website and haven't heard a thing. They don't answer the phone, don't return emails and i found a few folks online that had similar stories to tell.

This stuff happens every day, but it's the first time for me in over 15 years of online purchasing. Creeps!

I put in a claim with the card company and cancelled the card. I teach computer classes in a community college and was told by a banker in one of my classes that a person should keep a low balance credit card open and only use that one for online purchases. I think I'll do that from now on.

Keep you eyes peeled for cartdiscounts.com. They advertise good prices for electronics, appliances, you name it. They come up alot during mechandise searches. Beware!

michaelp

Comments (8)