SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
publickman

Crab sauce for fish

Lars
16 years ago

We went to the Santa Monica Seafood Market yesterday, but DB didn't want dinner yesterday, and so I had to cook the fish we bought today. I had selected a .6 pound of Opah, which seemed a tad skimpy to me, and so I bought 1/4 pound of crab meat for a sauce. I got the idea because I had Marlin with crab sauce in Austin for lunch just before leaving, and the Marlin and sauce were both disappointing, although the idea seemed like a good one. The Marlin steak was only about 1/4 inch thick and was overcooked and dry - the crab sauce was bland. Here's what I made instead, which was infinitely better. I was boiling some potatoes for a side dish (with some minced onion), and so I used the potato water in the sauce. You could use clam juice instead. You can buy Better Than Bouillon Lobster soup base at Superior Touch Store on line. I used to buy lobster soup base at Surfas Restaurant Supply, but it's cheaper on line, if you buy the 16 oz size. I also bought mushroom soup base there because the grocery stores no longer have it.

I have a bit of crab sauce left over, and so I'll have to think of some other uses for it. I think it would be good on an omelet.

Lars

Comments (5)

Sponsored
Re-Bath
Average rating: 4.9 out of 5 stars12 Reviews
Pittsburgh's Custom Kitchen & Bath Designs for Everyday Living