SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
prairiegirlz5

Basic Questions about WT and Rods

prairiegirlz5
16 years ago

I am thinking of getting drapes for my bare DR windows. I do not sew, so I will need to buy them ready-made.

I have four casement windows, and the molding around them is 124.5" long. I would like to hang panels from clip rings on a rod mounted above the molding (probably black iron with finials). From the top of the molding to the foot of the baseboard is 90" long. I have 13.5" of wall space on one side of the window, 22.5" on the other side.

I'm pretty sure I want a faux silk or linen floor length, in a khaki or green (red walls), to just frame the windows. I would like to be able to pull them across at night for privacy, they can stay stacked to the side during the day.

I'll need custom shades made for the windows themselves, since they're so narrow, only 21" wide. I have considered outside mounted roller shades for these, but the roller would stack up too much, preventing the latches from working. I do open these windows, weather permitting.

Plus, I have two more windows, one on either side of my built in china cabinet. One looks out on my back deck, the other looks into my kitchen! They're 27" wide x 33" long, so a bit more standardized. I have thought of having London shades made for them, but I'm open to suggestions. Do they have to match the other shades?

I have been looking at JCP, Target, even Walmart. I guess the problem is, I don't know exactly what I'm looking for.

Thanks for reading this far, I don't know where to start.

Comments (25)